The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Vehicle Discussions - Tesla, S7, Focus, Sportruck and XP > 2004-2005 Focus N20 and S121
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2004-2005 Focus N20 and S121 Just for the Saleen N20 and S121 Focus cars.

Old 05-11-2017
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default Q: Canadian 2005 Saleen N20 Sony Xplod?

I have come across the same car at a lot that I believe has been posted here under "Found: 05-0009CS" on 8/22/16. There are no more posts about this car or any info (that I could dig up) except for a couple you tube vids online. I'm seriously thinking of purchasing this car and came here to try and get any info on this model, if it is a true Saleen car or not. Where could I get further info on this particular "Sony Xplod promo" car? It seems that it's a regular focus zx3s bought by Sony but was sent to Saleen for work. There's no Saleen number on the bumper, but it has seat heads and badging under the hood. I'm wondering what they would've done to these cars, how many built, engine upgraded by Saleen, was it a nitrous model (a s121 or can that engine take the n2o if stock focus 2.0?), how rare/approx value..etc. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-12-2017
Saleen Forums Registrant

I don't want to pay double for a stock focus with a Saleen body kit and a 12 year old sound system.. Just trying to do my homework before jumping into a fake Saleen. It doesn't have the gauges or badging on the stick shift boot either. Also, doesn't have the xplod stickers on the rear quarters/windows like a photo I've seen of one. What gives?
Old 05-12-2017
Inactive Account

Call me we can discuss I dont like to post comments about price on line
Old 05-12-2017
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Wasn't this car just on eBay two weeks ago, I forgot what thexwerecasking I think under 10k. I thought the clothe seats were weird.
Old 05-12-2017
Saleen Forums Registrant

https://youtu.be/DE3jID8F41c
I'm pretty sure this is not the same car..

The one I'm looking at may have been on ebay recently
Old 05-12-2017
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

That looks exactly like the one that was on eBay.
Old 05-12-2017
Saleen Forums Registrant

It was the same car from the video.. He says there were 5 or 6 made by Sony in different colors. A couple of the speakers sounded blown or in poor shape. I called Saleen, but it was right at close so I couldn't be transferred to someone that may be of more help. The front desk girl couldn't match up the Saleen plate under the hood to the vin so she said it wasn't a factory production model and told me to call back Mon to talk with someone else that may know more about that promo w Sony. Haven't been able to track down Greg W to speak with either..he may know some info I hope
Old 05-13-2017
Inactive Account

It is and I will PM my number shortly you can always find me at saleenlocator.net