The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 10-15-2017
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default Help: Problem with PCM - 2006 S281 SC

Hello Everyone. I am first time poster and could use some advice. I am the owner of a 2006 Mustang Saleen SC. I recently was having issues with the car, the check engine light came on and it indicated the Cam sensors first, I took the car to a mechanic and they were replaced. The check engine light came back on and indicated the the O2 sensors were bad, so i had those replaced. I took the car to get smogged and it failed the smog check. My mechanic said i should go to Ford because it could be an electrical problem. I took it in to Ford and they said "oh we've seen an issue like this before, its the alternator" so they swapped the alternator. Then they called me and said "hey the alternator didn't fix the issue, all the other codes went away but it is now displaying the code P0605. we checked the wiring, and called Saleen they agree that the best thing we can do is replace the PCM and send it back to Saleen to have them re-tune the new PCM" they want to charge me $2500 on top of the money they charged me to swap the alternator. I called a few shops around one being Nexgent auto sport in Hayward CA. They agreed that Ford is taking the proper steps. But my question is should i have Ford replace my PCM or should i just take it to another shop like NextGen and have them do a custom tune? Can anyone enlighten me? perhaps share some thoughts, shops or a similar story with helpful insight?
Old 10-16-2017

Take the car to a custom tuner and get it tuned. It will be a better tune than the Saleen tune.
Old 10-16-2017
SOEC Member

You can send your PCM out for repair. I have used SIA Electronics in the past. $150.