The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 02-05-2009
SOEC Member

Default Triple gauge dash pod

Techco recomended that I install a Air/fuel guage to help monitor my engine. The trouble I am having is where to put it. I really don't like the pillar pods and don't really like the a/c mount either.
What I would like is a Saleen stock gauge pod for the dash but in triple. I think I have found one but have been searching for it online for sale with no luck.
In the Feb Mustang Enthusiast there is the cover car the Tasca CJ with what it looks like to be a triple dash pod. The article doesn't give specifics other than Auto Meter gauges.
I really want to keep the "stock" Saleen look without it jumping out at you.
Any ideas on who makes this particular pod?
#06-409
MMR 1000S 302 Stroker, BBR Stage 2 cams 3.0 pulley 39# injectors, upgraded CAI, 20" Chrome w/275/35ZR's, 14 in Front Brakes, GT500 Heat Exchanger and Walbro Super Car dual fuel pumps, Rear bumper inlays, Shaftmaster 3.5 Alum Driveshaft, AEM Wideband A/F guage, Pypes Long tube headers X-pipe w/o Cats, Extreme chin spoiler, Steeda Tri-Ax short throw shifter, Hood Struts WMS stealth hood pins, Adj upper and lower rear control arms. tuned by Lito.
Old 02-05-2009
SOEC Member (Inactive)

autometer makes one in black and silver depending on what color your dash trim is.

I also recommend you get a WIDEBAND O2 gauge w/ O2 Sensor and weld on an extra bung on the DRIVERS SIDE

Old 02-05-2009
SOEC Member

That's the only one I could find too.
I am hoping to find one that looks more like the double pod that Saleen makes like the Tasca CJ Mustang.
#06-409
MMR 1000S 302 Stroker, BBR Stage 2 cams 3.0 pulley 39# injectors, upgraded CAI, 20" Chrome w/275/35ZR's, 14 in Front Brakes, GT500 Heat Exchanger and Walbro Super Car dual fuel pumps, Rear bumper inlays, Shaftmaster 3.5 Alum Driveshaft, AEM Wideband A/F guage, Pypes Long tube headers X-pipe w/o Cats, Extreme chin spoiler, Steeda Tri-Ax short throw shifter, Hood Struts WMS stealth hood pins, Adj upper and lower rear control arms. tuned by Lito.
Old 02-05-2009
SOEC Member (Inactive)

post a pic of it and I will see what I can do.
Old 02-06-2009
Administrator

www.classicdesignconcepts.com

www.mustangracing.com
Old 02-06-2009
SOEC Member

That's it! Thanks Dave!

I purchase the one on the left. That looks more Saleen than the other one, I think.
Darn the companies that do not send to APO's....

Thanks Mike for the help. I am assuming that the sensor goes on the inside of the drivers side pipe? I have the WB gauge already. I didn't have the chance to get it installed before the car shipped.
#06-409

Last edited by wiggywigton; 02-06-2009 at 05:33 AM.
Old 02-06-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggywigton View Post
Techco recomended that I install a Air/fuel guage to help monitor my engine. The trouble I am having is where to put it. I really don't like the pillar pods and don't really like the a/c mount either.
What I would like is a Saleen stock gauge pod for the dash but in triple. I think I have found one but have been searching for it online for sale with no luck.
In the Feb Mustang Enthusiast there is the cover car the Tasca CJ with what it looks like to be a triple dash pod. The article doesn't give specifics other than Auto Meter gauges.
I really want to keep the "stock" Saleen look without it jumping out at you.
Any ideas on who makes this particular pod?

If you need an air fuel gauge im selling two right now at a killer deal!! I have Innovate G2 wideband kit and a Dynojet Wideband commander. The Dyno Jet im only looking to get $300 plus shipping, the innovate only $225 plus shipping. Call me or message me if your interested.

JimIII
Old 09-06-2009
Administrator

I noticed that you did not go through with the three gauge install.
Old 09-07-2009
SOEC Member

Yeah, I talked myself out of it and then ended up giving the guage to a friend that needed it to tune his car. well he was supposed to give it back but he's PCS'd back to the states. Sold the POD to a German. Plan on buying another guage and just replacing the air temp guage. Keeping the stock look...
#06-409