The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 05-30-2016
SOEC Member

Default DIY: Removed drivers seat upholstery

My drivers seat had something bunched up under the leather on the side bolsters & the seat had lost some off it shape. So over the weekend I took it apart. What I found at least in my 2005 is the upholstery has a thin foam liner sewn in it. This foam rubbing on the seat foam shredding the liner & causing it to bunch up under the leather. I would of thought there would be some kind of cloth liner between the two. So I removed all the foam liner from the 2 bolster panel that where shredded. As for the seat foam. It had split between the bolsters & the seat back & bottom. This caused the hog clip rod to pull out of the foam making the seat lose its shape. So I put the rod back in place & glued the foam back together. Steamed the foam to get some of its shape back. Reinstalled the upholstery. Now no lumps & the shape is back. How long it will last ,I don't know. So if your seats are lumpy or have lost some of their shape you may be suffering from the same problem.
Old 05-30-2016
Administrator

The 2005 model year US Saleen Mustangs had a service bulletin regarding the front seats. The front cushions would disintegrate leaving a powder on the carpet. This bulletin was released around late 2005 or early 2006.

Good job on the fix!
Old 05-30-2016
SOEC Member

I saw this thread http://saleenforums.soec.org/showthr...ight=Seat+foam I didn't have powder on the carpet. The actual seat foam was fine aside from the splits at the bolsters