The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Classifieds > Parts Trader
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Parts Trader Saleen parts & accessories for sale or wanted. Please negotiate via PM (a "PM sent" post is acceptable) and keep any comments about prices to yourself. Keep in mind that payments via PayPal with the "Gift" option do not provide any protection. SOEC cannot be held responsible for any "bad" transactions, so buyer beware. Also see Search Parts section at www.saleenlocator.net for other opportunities. Postings for items which infringe upon Saleen intellectual property or trademarks will be removed.

Old 02-17-2014
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default FS: 1989 Saleen SSC/DP5 wheels & General XP2000Z tires

This wheelset was removed from the SSC that they came on within the first couple hundred miles of use. A set of American Racing AR-5 wheels that Saleen offered at the time were purchased and used for actual driving of the car. The DP5’s were used for local shows and events, installed and removed a handful of times. The SSC itself was sold with just over 4000 miles on it with the AR-5 wheels. The DP5 wheelset was stored in a climate controlled facility and have not been exposed to the sunlight other than when they were used for local shows & events. The tires are in immaculate condition, no cracks, or worn edges, tons of tread and even the little spikes from the tire molds are still present. 245/50/16 rear, 225/50/16 front.

The condition of the wheels is just as amazing as the tires. As close to new as you will find them unless you find a set new in the box. No cracks, no curb rash, no yellowing and have correct offsets front & rear. Even the back sides of the wheels are bright white and clean. They also have the chrome valve stems and caps that came with them. Just as they were when they were removed from the SSC . There are some very minor imperfections on a couple of the wheels and I attempted to get them in the picture the best that I could.

One front & one rear wheel have a small paint chip on one of the spokes of each wheel . The chips have been touched up and wanted to mention it because they are not that visible in the pictures. A couple of the wheels have a few tiny scuff marks on the raised sections of each spoke (the rounded part that sticks out past the rims edge as it makes the turn into the outer rim). It looks like whatever was used between the wheels in storage left some light surface marks on a few of the spokes. They may very well buff out, I have not attempted it, just washed them off with a quick rinse for the pictures. All four center caps are included. They are offered as a local sale only. I will not ship them due to how rare they are and will not chance anything happening to them.

If you are interested in them please send me a PM. Serious offers only, I have never seen another low mileage complete takeoff set including original tires for sale. They are located in CT.

I wanted to offer them to an SSC owner, potential SSC owner or at least someone that owns a Saleen first before placing them on any other venue.
Attached Thumbnails
SSC WHEELS PIC 1.jpg  

SSC WHEELS NO CAPS.jpg  

SSC WHEELS BACK SIDE.jpg  

SSC TREAD 1.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 03-06-2014
Saleen Forums Participant

Default wheels

do u still have wheels?
Old 03-06-2014
Saleen Forums Registrant

The SSC wheel & tire set is still available.
Old 05-12-2014
Saleen Forums Registrant

The Saleen SSC wheelset is still available. $2750. If you are going to Carlisle in June, you can swing by and pick them up. I would prefer a local pickup. Many requests for shipping have been sent in and I will consider shipping them. Payment would need to be a Bank cashiers check and shipping charges would be the responsibility of the buyer and based on location. Thanks
Old 02-17-2015
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default Saleen ssc dp5 wheels & general xp2000z tires

Complete set of Saleen DP5 wheels & General XP2000Z tires. This is a complete set that was removed from an SSC within it's first few hundred miles of use. They were stored in a climate controlled facility and are in excellent condition. They were on & off the vehicle a few times for local shows & events. Correct front & rear offsets, tires still have the little spikes from the release molds present (225/50/16 front, 245/50/16 rear). The wheels also have the chrome valve stems & caps that came with the car. The finish on the wheels is excellent, there are a couple of small chips that have been touched up as well as a few little scuffs on the raised / rounded sections on some of the spokes that stick out past the edge of the rims. The back of the wheels are just as clean as the fronts. Center caps are included. They can be picked up in CT. $2200 at pickup.
Attached Thumbnails
SSC WHEELS PIC 1.jpg  

SSC WHEELS NO CAPS.jpg  

SSC TREAD 1.jpg  

SSC TREAD 2.jpg  

SSC WHEELS BACK SIDE.jpg  

Old 05-19-2017
Saleen Forums Participant

I understand this is an old thread/ad, however, do you still have these for sale?

Please let me know either way.....Thanks