The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Classifieds > eBay Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

eBay Madness Share or discuss interesting things for sale that were found on other sites such as eBay or CraigsList. Postings for items which infringe Saleen intellectual property or trademarks will be removed.

Old 04-30-2017
Administrator

Default Fyi: 89-0181 ssc - $43,995.00

I know nothing about this.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stock #502-FTL
Engine: 5.0L V8 FI OHV
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
Mileage: 902 (actual)
Body Style: Hatchback
Exterior Color: White
Interior Color: Gray
Price: $43,995.00

OPTIONS
* Air Conditioning
* Aluminum Wheels
* AM/FM Radio
* Anti-Theft System
* CD Player
* Cruise Control
* Driver Airbag
* Leather Interior
* Passenger Airbag
* Power Locks
* Power Seats
* Power Steering
* Power Windows
* Ride Control
* Seatbelts
* Tilt Wheel

Numbers Matching and Original Mileage Cars
If marked as such, the Owner states, this vehicles as numbers matching and/or original mileage. It has not been verified by Gateway Classic Cars. As such Gateway Classic Cars is not guaranteeing the authenticity of this claim. Buyer is encouraged to verify this information on their own, prior to purchase.

All Vehicles are sold AS-IS.
This vehicle is being sold AS-IS, WHERE-IS, with no warranty, expressed, written or implied. Gateway Classic Cars and its affiliates shall not be responsible for the correct description, authenticity, genuineness, or defects herein, nor is responsible for any omissions or errors in advertising and therefore makes no warranty in connection therewith. No allowance or set aside will be made on account of any incorrectness, imperfection, defect or damage. Any descriptions or representations are for identification purposes only and are not to be construed as a warranty of any type. It is the responsibility of the buyer to have thoroughly inspected the vehicle, to their satisfaction to the condition and value, prior to purchase. Gateway Classic Cars and its affiliates shall and will make every reasonable effort to disclose any known defects associated with this vehicle at the buyer's request prior to the close of sale. Gateway Classic Cars and its affiliates assumes no responsibility for any repairs regardless of any oral statements about the vehicle, post sale.

More information to come on this 1989 Ford Mustang LX. This vehicle is available to view at our FT Lauderdale showroom.

[Source: Gateway Classic Cars]
Attached Thumbnails
forsale_2017_89-0181SSC_0001.jpg  

forsale_2017_89-0181SSC_0040.jpg  

forsale_2017_89-0181SSC_0069.jpg  

forsale_2017_89-0181SSC_0071.jpg  

forsale_2017_89-0181SSC_0075.jpg  

forsale_2017_89-0181SSC_0083.jpg  

forsale_2017_89-0181SSC_0084.jpg  

forsale_2017_89-0181SSC_0103.jpg  

forsale_2017_89-0181SSC_0110.jpg  

forsale_2017_89-0181SSC_0115.jpg  

David - Aiding The Addicted™
Join SOEC on Facebook * Follow SOEC on Instagram
Old 05-01-2017
Saleen Forums Participant

IMHO, the drivers seat and other components do not reflect a 900 mile car.......
Old 05-02-2017
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

An engine bay touch up would have went a long way in advertising this as a 900 mile car.
2004 Saleen S281 SC #227 (1 of 1 Torch Red w/ factory 6 speed)
Old 05-03-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas379 View Post
IMHO, the drivers seat and other components do not reflect a 900 mile car.......
If this car has spent most its life in FL then the weather will do that to the engine bay area but you are right those seats do not look like a 900 mile car

Too much wear around the car for that mileage claim

This car is 15 mins from my house I may go look at it
Old 05-04-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by 39Mustang View Post
If this car has spent most its life in FL then the weather will do that to the engine bay area but you are right those seats do not look like a 900 mile car

Too much wear around the car for that mileage claim

This car is 15 mins from my house I may go look at it

Post your findings if you go look at it or if you've gone to look at it....I'd be interested....I have been emailing back and forth with one of the guys there....not to purchase at this price but just to see what they say.....I am 4 1/2 hours away in Saint Augustine and was thinking of going down there on Saturday to see if for myself.....
Old 05-05-2017

Quote:
Post your findings if you go look at it or if you've gone to look at it....I'd be interested....I have been emailing back and forth with one of the guys there....not to purchase at this price but just to see what they say.....I am 4 1/2 hours away in Saint Augustine and was thinking of going down there on Saturday to see if for myself.....
I am going to look at it on Friday and I wouldn't believe much the guys there tell you especially if its the one with an accent. Their cars are never in the condition they say
Old 05-05-2017

Quote:
I am going to look at it on Friday and I wouldn't believe much the guys there tell you especially if its the one with an accent. Their cars are never in the condition they say
That is what I have seen posted on several of the FB pages I belong to that are Fox Saleen related.....It wasn't a guy with an accent I have been "dealing" with.....If you notice on the driving portion of the video on their website, there is a knocking noise emanating from the vehicle......I mentioned that to him and his response was "oh, there is construction going on"....I said, "I am an ASE Recertified Master Technician that used to fix vehicles over the phone all over the US, Alaska and Puerto Rico for Toyota Headquarters (True) and the knocking noise is coming from the car".......He emails me back saying he is trying to figure out where that knocking noise is coming from after he "drove it again".......

Let me know whether to waste my time driving 4 1/2 hours down there or save my time and energy......

Thanks!!
Old 05-05-2017

Quote:
That is what I have seen posted on several of the FB pages I belong to that are Fox Saleen related.....It wasn't a guy with an accent I have been "dealing" with.....If you notice on the driving portion of the video on their website, there is a knocking noise emanating from the vehicle......I mentioned that to him and his response was "oh, there is construction going on"....I said, "I am an ASE Recertified Master Technician that used to fix vehicles over the phone all over the US, Alaska and Puerto Rico for Toyota Headquarters (True) and the knocking noise is coming from the car".......He emails me back saying he is trying to figure out where that knocking noise is coming from after he "drove it again".......

Let me know whether to waste my time driving 4 1/2 hours down there or save my time and energy......

Thanks!!
I just looked at this SSC an hour ago and its a real SSC edition. Look at the pictures except for the door ding to the right of the drivers side door handle and same door there is a chip of paint knocked off otherwise this car is clean and give it a solid 4 out of 5 rating. We started it up and I heard no issues at all especially no knocking. I just watched the video and what you hear knocking to me is a broken suspension part or loose shock. I was right next to engine I heard nothing and or maybe you can get the same sound with a loose Rocker Arm but I own one of those rare 92 SAAC MK1 so when Fox body suspension goes out it makes the same sound. That's also a ****ty road with lots of dips and would make sense if anything was wrong with suspension it would make that noise and on my 2005 GT I had that same sound found out it was a loose shock. Front drivers side wheel has a small paint chip. Also, the buckets around each headlight are slightly discolored and anyone with a White 87-93 Mustang this has happened and did same thing on my SAAC car.

I questioned them hard on the 900 miles and they said owner has lots of paperwork proving it. I looked over drivers seat and the crinkle in leather does not match the 900 miles. Lets say they never cleaned or used leather conditioner on the seat that yes its possible to be a little worn. Everything else looks very good except for that stupid speaker box which is falling about.

The engine bay looks untouched for 28 years so its not car show clean but exactly how it should look just some minor detailing

Owner claims it still has the original tires which these were General's but no way I didn't see any dry rot anywhere so unless car was in a climate controlled garage no FL car would be dry rot free after 28 years

Lets say yes it is a real deal 900 mile car is it worth $43,995 no. The ding and chips are easy fixes on a White car and I am not a body man so couldn't tell you about what it would cost to fix it?

I am interested in buy an 89 SSC but not now as I am moving next month so its not an option, but yes at the right price I would buy this Saleen. If Gateway has it at $43,995 then he told them he wants $35k. With not knowing about the 900 miles unless I seen service records and the ding/chips that need to be fixed I would try to buy it under $34k. I haven't seen any nice SSC's sell under $30k but if this is truly a 900 mile car and didn't have any flaws it might be worth $40k. Do not pay attention to those auctions its stupidity on TV.

If you are really trying hard to buy an SSC Saleen then yes you need to drive down and look at this one as long as you are aware of the chips I showed you and on rim. Rest of car very clean and its suppose to have been in FL all its life a one owner so that's a bonus

I would buy this Saleen at the right price but before I pay them have them make the owner provide a service record quoting the mileage. Ask the State of Florida Dept. of Transportation because this 89 is old enough that when renewing the registration in those days you had to list the mileage
Attached Images

Old 05-05-2017

Thank you very much for your time and description of the vehicle.....and yes, when I was noting the knocking noise coming from the vehicle, I meant that it had to be either a shock issue or the exhaust hitting the axle or the rear upper control arm or something to that effect. I didn't mean a knocking noise from the engine....I should have been more specific......without putting it up on a lift, it is difficult to know exactly what the cause is......not really a big deal but I just like to call them on their BS so they know that I know what I'm talking about......I don't pay any attention to those TV car auctions, to me, they are a joke......

I asked the guy I have been dealing with several times to provide an AutoCheck report and he finally did yesterday.....there are only two times when the mileage shows up. Once at 36 miles and the other at 1,000 miles so again it begs the question, how does it have 902 miles on the clock when the AutoCheck report has an Odometer check back on 10/26/1994 @ 1,000 miles.....

For me, being that the history on this car appears to be inconsistent and with the work that it needs, I would be in the $20k to $28k range.....and I don't think they are going to sell it for that.....

There is another SSC listed on the Saleen Locating Service website with 47,000 miles that does look like a 900 mile car. It is located in Washington State, is Supercharged and the guy is asking $35k for it.....I am trying to make a deal on one in CA with another guy I have been emailing back and forth so we'll see what happens but again, for me, this thing is not worth the time and energy based on the asking price......

Again, thank you for taking the time to post the information you provided.....
Old 05-05-2017

Quote:
Thank you very much for your time and description of the vehicle.....and yes, when I was noting the knocking noise coming from the vehicle, I meant that it had to be either a shock issue or the exhaust hitting the axle or the rear upper control arm or something to that effect. I didn't mean a knocking noise from the engine....I should have been more specific......without putting it up on a lift, it is difficult to know exactly what the cause is......not really a big deal but I just like to call them on their BS so they know that I know what I'm talking about......I don't pay any attention to those TV car auctions, to me, they are a joke......

I asked the guy I have been dealing with several times to provide an AutoCheck report and he finally did yesterday.....there are only two times when the mileage shows up. Once at 36 miles and the other at 1,000 miles so again it begs the question, how does it have 902 miles on the clock when the AutoCheck report has an Odometer check back on 10/26/1994 @ 1,000 miles.....

For me, being that the history on this car appears to be inconsistent and with the work that it needs, I would be in the $20k to $28k range.....and I don't think they are going to sell it for that.....

There is another SSC listed on the Saleen Locating Service website with 47,000 miles that does look like a 900 mile car. It is located in Washington State, is Supercharged and the guy is asking $35k for it.....I am trying to make a deal on one in CA with another guy I have been emailing back and forth so we'll see what happens but again, for me, this thing is not worth the time and energy based on the asking price......

Again, thank you for taking the time to post the information you provided.....
Every car at Gateway is extremely overpriced! They ask the seller what do you need from the car and if seller says $25k then Gateway adds a .12 percent markup on it. Except for the ding and chip its as clean as it gets. What they need to do is provide a document when last serviced and include it with the pics. The guy had mentioned to me about the 1,000 miles and knowing what I know about Service Tech's unless the guy physically looked exactly at the miles I have seen them meaning Service Tech's at the Ford dealer round the number off so if he looked and saw the 9 with the 9 on other end he could have mistaken it was 999 miles hence the 1,000 miles.

Whomever wants to buy it get the VIN from them and contact the state they will have the records when they last recorded the mileage around the same time they got rid of Emissions Testing or give the VIN to any Ford dealer and have them look it up

My concern with that one with the Supercharger and I was looking at it, is you have no idea what kind of abuse the driver and supercharger done to the stock block
Old 05-05-2017

Quote:
Every car at Gateway is extremely overpriced! They ask the seller what do you need from the car and if seller says $25k then Gateway adds a .12 percent markup on it. Except for the ding and chip its as clean as it gets. What they need to do is provide a document when last serviced and include it with the pics. The guy had mentioned to me about the 1,000 miles and knowing what I know about Service Tech's unless the guy physically looked exactly at the miles I have seen them meaning Service Tech's at the Ford dealer round the number off so if he looked and saw the 9 with the 9 on other end he could have mistaken it was 999 miles hence the 1,000 miles.

Whomever wants to buy it get the VIN from them and contact the state they will have the records when they last recorded the mileage around the same time they got rid of Emissions Testing or give the VIN to any Ford dealer and have them look it up

My concern with that one with the Supercharger and I was looking at it, is you have no idea what kind of abuse the driver and supercharger done to the stock block

You bring up an excellent point with the Sugercharged SSC. In addition, the A/C needs to be recharged on a regular basis from what the Seller told me so there is also that.....again, not that big of a deal to someone that can fix it but you still have to tear into the vehicle to replace the evaporator which is more than likely the cause of the leak and why he has not repaired it.....that is just my assumption mind you......
Old 1 Week Ago
Saleen Forums Registrant

Pretty sure this car is not a true saleen defiantly nota SSC its a five speed one thing that sets a saleen apart from other mustang is a manual six speed transmission. And an SSC is a 351w supercharged nothing but a well kept fox
Old 1 Week Ago
Saleen Forums Registrant

Come on everyone knows that saleen fox carry a Paxton supercharger this one does not my cussing has the car they claim this one to be with 17 miles original on it window sticker and order list and plastic still on the seats and trust me this car is far from a 89 Steve Saleen mustang
Old 1 Week Ago
SOEC Member

Welcome to the forum.

Respectfully, you are not correct, an 1989 SSC has a normally aspirated 302 engine, and a 5 speed.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davewimpey View Post
Come on everyone knows that saleen fox carry a Paxton supercharger this one does not my cussing has the car they claim this one to be with 17 miles original on it window sticker and order list and plastic still on the seats and trust me this car is far from a 89 Steve Saleen mustang

Dave,

As the previous poster noted, Welcome to the Forums. With that being said and again respectfully, you have no knowledge of what you speak of. This vehicle has long been sold, however, in the interest of correct information, please do your research on the 1989 SSC Saleen Mustang prior to making your comments which are all incorrect.