The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1999-2004 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1999-2004 Saleen Mustang For the SN-95 New Edge platform. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 01-16-2018
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Saleen from France, engine trouble

Hi guys,

This is my first post here.
I bought a 2000 Saleen S281SC (#794) few months ago with an amazing story because the car is... brand new with only 4k miles on the odometer!
I will soon tell you the entire story but for now I need some advice and may be some of you can help.
The car is not originally supercharged but the supercharger kit had been provided by Saleen.
The supercharger had been installed badly and engine broke.
So I am now looking for the configuration of the engine with the calibration sc00cmb7 (written on the ECU). Description on the ECU is 00/281SC/ca/MT/3.27/NU.
I have 30lb injectors on the engine with original MAF housing and I would like to know if this is normal because I don't want to break the engine again!
I have an other ECU and a custom tune (39 lb injectors and 90 MAF housing) but I can't plug it: it's difficult to find computer to do so here in France.
Thanks for your help!
Old 01-16-2018
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

you best bet is to get a custom tune and and have the tune to turn your pats off. then you can plug in the other ecu with your new. or if you had a ford dealer there that can redo your pats. yea you want 39's and a 90mm maf for sure. my extreme was in Italy for 5 years.
Old 01-17-2018

This is weird. PATS is supposed to be turned off on my new ECU with the custom tune by THEFT light keeps blinking...
Old 01-21-2018

Engine finally started up and sounds fine!
THEFT keeps blinking for a minute and then shut down.
Really happy that the car is saved now. It was a really adventure to do it here in France, with nobody to give advice and no parts at the corner of the street!
Thanks to Internet and forums!