PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Silver Springs car show weekend-Florida

Twilightvert
09-18-2011, 10:10 PM
The 18th Annual Silver Springs Mustang and Ford Roundup will be the location for the 2012 Saleen Florida Reunion from January 6-8, 2012. The weekend will consist of a Friday morning cruise from National Parts Depot out to Cedar Key on the Gulf coast with 100+/- Fords, a tour of the 140 car NPD collection, along with a dinner get together for Saleen owners at WingHouse in Ocala. Saturday and Sunday are show days in the Silver Springs park. The first 1000 registrants get two tickets into the park along with their registration free. Last year had a nice turnout and was more weather friendly than the 2010 freezefest.

Show and hotel information can be had at:

<!-- m -->http://shop.autocraftinvestments.com/in ... id=ss_ford (http://shop.autocraftinvestments.com/index.php?p=page&page_id=ss_ford)<!-- m -->

Park information is at:

<!-- m -->http://www.silversprings.com/<!-- m -->

Feel free to contact me for more info. Hope to see everyone there.

NBLSTED
10-06-2011, 11:40 AM
Received my registration on a Friday and mailed it out on Monday...I was number 911!! The show this year is going to be huge-make plans to be there. It is only $20 (25?) for the whole weekend and that includes two wristbands for unlimited admission to the Silver Springs Park as well. Let's get some spaces coned off at Winghouse this year so we can park everyone together! (and get some great shots with the Winghouse Girls lined up with our cars :biggrin:) See you there!

Anyone from Central Florida driving up for the Pony Ride on Friday morning? My wife is taking her car too and we would love to trail up with some folks!

MustangDanimal
10-26-2011, 10:14 AM
Got our card back. Number 432 this year! Staying at the Days Inn. Got one of the last rooms. See everyone Friday morning at NPD. Might be bringing the SHO this year. Not the Saleen. :frown:

jmdoc66
10-26-2011, 10:24 AM
Missed last year, but going all 3 days this year and bringing two cars.
Hope to see everyone there. Maybe hookup and park all together again.

Mike

93Saleen#20
12-04-2011, 10:49 PM
We are having a gathering at the local Winghouse on Friday Jan 6 @ around 5:00, but we need a head count to give the Winghouse, this way we will have enough seating for everyone. I would love to see a bunch of Saleens, Cobras and all Mustangs get together and have some good fun, food and laughs. Please contact myself or Bob (Twilightvert) with the number of people in your party. Thanks in advance...... Mayo

Fastbreak
12-05-2011, 12:33 AM
Just found this thread and strongly considering making the run from DC... 2k miles on the car would be no bueno, but would really love to attend and meet everyone.

Twilightvert
12-05-2011, 03:09 AM
It's a great weekend and I hope you can make it down from DC. I'll start the count for Winghouse- my daughter and I will be there.

93Saleen#20
12-05-2011, 10:36 AM
Just found this thread and strongly considering making the run from DC... 2k miles on the car would be no bueno, but would really love to attend and meet everyone.

Come on down.... it's a lot of fun, just don't forget to spray some "Pam" on the front end. It will keep the front bumper cover from gettin eatin up with bugs and stuff.

MustangDanimal
12-05-2011, 11:31 AM
Kyle and I will be there. Don't know if were going to bring the Saleen though. May be the '99 SHO instead.

Dan

Fastbreak
12-06-2011, 05:01 PM
Found someone to watch the dog, so go ahead and put me down for two spots on Friday. I still have to find a co-pilot, but don't feel like I'll have an issue there.

Can't wait to meet everyone!

93Saleen#20
12-06-2011, 05:04 PM
Sweet..... come on guys and gals. This will be an awesome time to meet new Saleen enthusiats and some old friends too. Gotcha down guys.

Fastbreak
12-12-2011, 10:25 AM
Have a buddy of mine with his 2010 GT500 coming down from DC as well. He'll likely have a passenger so that should be two more for wings.

jmdoc66
12-12-2011, 02:15 PM
Put us down for two seats.

Twilightvert
12-20-2011, 01:22 AM
Spoke to Winghouse again today. They are all set for 16-20 people and are going to try blocking off the parking spots facing the road for us. Can't wait !

Twilightvert
12-28-2011, 11:14 PM
1 week to go until my Silver Springs vacation starts.

93Saleen#20
12-28-2011, 11:50 PM
Should be a good time. Too bad I won't be able to make it. Have fun guys.

NBLSTED
01-03-2012, 07:51 PM
Two more for the list (Winghouse)! Sorry, got out of touch on the forum for a while...See you all Friday morning!

Anthonys04r1
01-03-2012, 08:06 PM
Can't make the Friday but will be there Saturday morning. First time to this show. Bringing both cars. Any specific place most people parking?

MustangDanimal
01-03-2012, 08:33 PM
What the heck Mayo???:confused:

Car is packed. Leaving around midnight. Going to bed to get about 3 hours sleep before the 13 hour drive. Staying with family Wed and Thus night, then the Days Inn for Friday and Saturday. See you all in the NPD parking lot Friday morning!!

We're bringing the Saleen!!! No Tar-*** this trip!

Dan & Kyle
making the 11th trip to the NPD Mustang and Ford Roundup in the last 12 years!!

MustangDanimal
01-03-2012, 08:36 PM
Can't make the Friday but will be there Saturday morning. First time to this show. Bringing both cars. Any specific place most people parking?

Too bad Anthony. My son and I agree, the Friday cruise and browsing the Schmidt collection is the best part of the weekend. You should really try to do it. For sure next year!

Fastbreak
01-03-2012, 09:30 PM
Weather is supposed to be incredible this weekend- I'm so pumped. We'll start the 13 hour trek on Thursday morning.

Fastbreak
01-03-2012, 09:41 PM
Is there a way to park all of us together at the show? I don't imagine there is, but it'd be kind of cool to put a bunch of the Saleen's together.

Twilightvert
01-04-2012, 01:00 AM
We can arrange a time to meet Saturday morning while we are at Winghouse Friday night. There is an area after registration where the clubs can collect members so they can drive in together. Anyone that cannot make Winghouse can pm me a phone number and I will call with the meet time for Saturday. When they park the cars, you also tell them Saleen and they will direct you to a designated area for Saleens, Roushs, Steedas, etc. It would be great to actually drive in together as a Saleen caravan.

jmdoc66
01-04-2012, 12:25 PM
We won't get to silver springs area until around 1pm on Friday. Any idea where you guys will be? We'll probably park one of the cars and meet up with you guys.

NBLSTED
01-04-2012, 05:53 PM
Last year, I didn't have to tell them. They just saw my car and sent me off to a different direction. They try to line up 1 side as Saleen's and the other side as Roush's etc. So, even if folks aren't able to make it at a designated time, we still should be almost right next to each other. :smile:

Twilightvert
01-04-2012, 10:57 PM
I usually go back to NPD to watch the dyno runs after the Pony Trail and spend more time looking at the Schmidt collection.

Greg Wackett
01-05-2012, 04:31 PM
I hope you guys have good weather and no Snow :) we are looking at 60s in DC this weekend

mosaleen
01-06-2012, 05:31 AM
Susan and I really wanted to make this show this year, but it would make it hard to drive, show, etc. without any windshield, Scenic Roof, or rear glass in the 05 Saleen. Plus the Lightning is down also. Hope we can make it next year. Have a WING for us , have fun and take pictures...

Scott and Susan... :smile:

Fastbreak
01-10-2012, 03:08 PM
Susan and I really wanted to make this show this year, but it would make it hard to drive, show, etc. without any windshield, Scenic Roof, or rear glass in the 05 Saleen. Plus the Lightning is down also. Hope we can make it next year. Have a WING for us , have fun and take pictures...

Scott and Susan... :smile:

The weather would have been perfect for you, 75 and sunny- the extra breeze would have felt great!

Sorry you missed it, look forward to the next one.

NBLSTED
01-10-2012, 05:34 PM
Good seeing everyone this weekend! I only wish that I could have spent more time actually getting to talk to everyone...had the in-laws drive up on Sat and my parents up on Sunday. Spent the whole time 'entertaining' and not nearly enough time enjoying the show.

Next year,...everyone comes up on the same day (or not at all :biggrin:)

Start making plans to come back next year...always the first "non-holiday" weekend in Jan. Hotels book up FAST too!