PDA

View Full Version : Touch up paint for S-351

S-281
11-21-2011, 02:15 AM
Hi All,

I need help, my S-351 is the laser red with the clear coat, when I bought it has a lot of old scratches and dings, I have waxed and removed clear coat scratches and minor things that are damaged. The paint has dings that need to be addressed, the dings are tiny... maybe pin size. Where can I buy laser red touch up paint, the paint that matches the Saleen color ?

Regards
JR

87 vert
11-21-2011, 10:44 AM
Laser Red is a stock Ford color, a cool one at that, so head to your local Ford dealer. It might help to have the paint code off the door tag but laser red is laser red!

Dave
11-21-2011, 11:32 AM
Above is a great recommendation!

If you have a local paint supply store or a body shop that will be willing to mix you a small amount of touch-up paint, this can be another path.

We have a local mom-and-pop automotive paint supply center that we use when purchasing touch-up paint. They will mix and modify to closely match the vehicle.

P.S. Keep in mind the Saleen painted parts (body kit, wing) may be tinted a tad different than the areas painted by Ford Motor Company.

mustardmustang
11-21-2011, 11:00 PM
You might want to look into a touch up paint (http://www.automotivetouchup.com) site like AutomotiveTouchup. They have color match guarantees and all that.

tennesseemustangperformance
12-11-2011, 09:49 PM
The paint code is E9, I believe (painting is what I do). The problem with doing a match up is that Laser Red was notorious for fading, matter of fact it was recalled a few years ago by Ford. Take off the fuel door and bring it to your local Orilley paint shop. They can digitize the door for the correct blend compensating for paint fade as well. Good luck!