PDA

View Full Version : 14-0013 Saleen S302 White Label

JasonsSaleen
10-01-2013, 07:44 PM
I wanted to share my car with some fellow Saleen enthusiasts. I have a 2014 Saleen S302 White Label that I bought a few months ago at Heller Ford in Escondido. It came with Saleen badging, grill, trunk insert, 20 inch wheels(black Chrome), exhaust, spoiler, embroidered head rest(cloth seats), floor mats, steering wheel badge, shift knob, suspension springs, and engine tune making a claimed 440hp.

I have added brembo brakes that were used (9 miles on them) from a 2013 GT500. They come with 15" in the front and 14" rotors in the rear. Also 6 piston calipers and new ford racing calipers in the rear. It was a pain in the pattuti to install(took me 8 hours) but the braking difference is substantial. I also installed leather seat covers from a 2013 GT premium (ebay) which was another time consuming install. Got some CS/GT fog lights from starkey products and also had a Stillen chin spoiler painted and then I installed it.

Hope you all let me know what you think:wink:

JasonsSaleen
10-01-2013, 07:45 PM
I already installed the leather head rest I just don't have a pic. I had to wait for the embroidery shop. Here's a pic.

JasonsSaleen
10-01-2013, 09:19 PM
Here is a link of one of my YouTube videos.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/F9INgkfPIHw?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/F9INgkfPIHw?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

This was taken after I bought it. There are so many cool cars on this forum. Glad I found this sight as this is my first Saleen. Thanks!!!

85-0035
10-01-2013, 09:32 PM
That is one nice car !

saleen777
10-01-2013, 10:23 PM
I enjoyed your video. Thanks for the walk through. I'd love to see a 2014 White Label, against the standard 2014 GT on a track to see the overall performance boost with the Saleen trim...

JasonsSaleen
10-01-2013, 11:28 PM
I enjoyed your video. Thanks for the walk through. I'd love to see a 2014 White Label, against the standard 2014 GT on a track to see the overall performance boost with the Saleen trim...

The only white label performance upgrades are the exhaust, maybe the high flow air filter, but definitely the engine tune. I test drove a 14 GT before deciding on this car and I could definitely tell a big difference in torq and smoother power. Saleen claims a 20hp increase at the crank over the standard GT, but it feels all around better after the tune.

JasonsSaleen
10-01-2013, 11:38 PM
That is one nice car !

Thanks!! This is my first mustang and I alway wanted a Saleen. Many years ago, I did a factory tour at the old Irvine location and fell in love with Steve's ideas and vision.

olecoot
10-02-2013, 06:45 AM
Good work! Tasteful upgrades. :smile:

todds89
10-02-2013, 08:50 AM
Nice ride. Nice Monster in the background!

JasonsSaleen
10-02-2013, 09:30 AM
Nice ride. Nice Monster in the background!
Happy wife, happy life!! HaHa!:biggrin:

Stanghungry
10-02-2013, 08:23 PM
Great looking car I like it :biggrin:

Werecow
10-04-2013, 01:30 PM
Beautiful car! What shade of red is that? The mods are tastefull. Nice to know 15's wheel clear the wheels. :)

JasonsSaleen
10-04-2013, 07:19 PM
Beautiful car! What shade of red is that? The mods are tastefull. Nice to know 15's wheel clear the wheels. :)

That is race red. Thanks for the props!

Werecow
10-05-2013, 09:55 AM
That is race red. Thanks for the props!

On a side note, I also bought my car in S. Cal, but at Villa Ford. There is more than one dealership down that way. Like your video... That q'rtr window trim come on the car when you bought it?

JasonsSaleen
10-05-2013, 07:05 PM
On a side note, I also bought my car in S. Cal, but at Villa Ford. There is more than one dealership down that way. Like your video... That q'rtr window trim come on the car when you bought it?

Yes. It was part of the new appearance package from ford.

Coderedsaleen
10-05-2013, 07:38 PM
Did you get permission from Saleen to have those headrest covers embroidered? LOL, poking fun.

Love that Race Red, I wish I would have got that color vice the Kona Blue.

JasonsSaleen
10-07-2013, 12:03 AM
Did you get permission from Saleen to have those headrest covers embroidered? LOL, poking fun.

Love that Race Red, I wish I would have got that color vice the Kona Blue.

Thanks!! I'm sure he wouldn't mind since my cloth headrests were embroidered. It's kinda like an exchange thing. Ha Ha.

sidvicious
10-19-2013, 12:22 PM
Beautiful car! Good luck with her. The upgrades you did are terrific. The chin spoiler balances out the rear wing nicely. Get ready for more mods cuz its an addiction with Mustangs.

SaugusPacer
10-29-2013, 11:48 AM
Nice! I can't believe those brakes are 15"! My Saleen came with wheels only 1" bigger! Lol

JasonsSaleen
12-08-2013, 01:37 PM
I just plasti dipped my hood vents. What do you think? I have some major rear end suspension parts coming on wednesday such as upper and lower control arms from BMR. Can't wait to install them.

tennesseemustangperformance
12-08-2013, 06:29 PM
Lookin' sharp, Jason!

JasonsSaleen
12-08-2013, 06:34 PM
Lookin' sharp, Jason!

I grew up in nashville. Can't wait to move back after I retire from the Marine Corps.

Werecow
12-09-2013, 12:19 PM
Like the hood vents...

Jim D.
12-09-2013, 01:17 PM
A belated Welcome!

As a purchaser of a Saleen, new from a dealer, I have activated your membership online.

JasonsSaleen
12-09-2013, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the great comments from everyone! And thanks for the membership!

sidvicious
12-10-2013, 07:44 PM
Hood vents look great and should have been factory. Gotta love Plastidip. :wink:

Kazoo DUDE
12-13-2013, 02:43 PM
I like it! We SMS owners are a rare breed indeed. I have a 2011 White label and just love it! DO YOURSELF A HUGE FAVOR! Buy a oil separator from JLT you will be AMAZED at the amount of oil/gas you catch that does not go back down the hatch of your manifold. 500 miles I had nearly 1 OZ of sludge in the canister. Please get one ASAP. Americanmuscle.com/JLY oil separator and you will thank me later. ALL 5.0 GT owners need one really!!

Stanghungry
12-14-2013, 09:11 AM
Kazoo is right we are a rare breed and almost forgotten these days. I do recommend that oil separator............

es252
12-14-2013, 12:31 PM
Sweet ride! Another beautiful red Saleen cruising around SD is awesome. Congrats, she's a beauty!

Werecow
12-15-2013, 10:31 AM
Sweet ride! Another beautiful red Saleen cruising around SD is awesome. Congrats, she's a beauty!

That a Lizstick red convertible? Love my car as well! Haven't seen another on the road yet,

es252
12-15-2013, 11:03 AM
That a Lizstick red convertible? Love my car as well! Haven't seen another on the road yet,

I wish, performance red is what I'm told. I'm really digging this race red after checking out Jason's 2014 pics. This car is reeeeally nice. Nice brake upgrade too. I live a couple blocks from the dealer this was purchased from. They have a couple sitting out front at the moment. I believe one is grabber blue and the other is a lighter green....eye candy. :biggrin:

Werecow
12-15-2013, 11:26 AM
You should get pictures of them and post them...

Jason @ 281m
12-16-2013, 12:25 AM
Jason,

Congrats on the new car! If your ever interested, we have chassis scales and we can set your car up on them and show you where your weight is. None the less enjoy!

Btw, the Moroso catch can is the best consumer friendly catch can in our opinion.

Kazoo DUDE
12-16-2013, 08:35 AM
Jason,

Congrats on the new car! If your ever interested, we have chassis scales and we can set your car up on them and show you where your weight is. None the less enjoy!

Btw, the Moroso catch can is the best consumer friendly catch can in our opinion.

Good deal if the moroso works like my JLT you folks are going to be happy/horrified by what ends up in that can!! PLEASE DO IT FOR YOUR ENGINES SAKE!

Werecow
12-16-2013, 11:03 AM
Jason, I like the one you had built in house. That was sweet!

JasonsSaleen
12-16-2013, 04:31 PM
I like it! We SMS owners are a rare breed indeed. I have a 2011 White label and just love it! DO YOURSELF A HUGE FAVOR! Buy a oil separator from JLT you will be AMAZED at the amount of oil/gas you catch that does not go back down the hatch of your manifold. 500 miles I had nearly 1 OZ of sludge in the canister. Please get one ASAP. Americanmuscle.com/JLY oil separator and you will thank me later. ALL 5.0 GT owners need one really!!

Do I just need one oil separator? I've seen them advertised as a driver and passenger side model.

JasonsSaleen
12-16-2013, 04:34 PM
Jason,

I just added BMR lca's and relocation brackets, an adjustable panhard rod/support bracket, and adjustable uca with bracket. Do you think the front end needs to be alligned after Saleen put the lowering springs? Do you think the front camber is off?

JasonsSaleen
12-16-2013, 04:39 PM
I wish, performance red is what I'm told. I'm really digging this race red after checking out Jason's 2014 pics. This car is reeeeally nice. Nice brake upgrade too. I live a couple blocks from the dealer this was purchased from. They have a couple sitting out front at the moment. I believe one is grabber blue and the other is a lighter green....eye candy. :biggrin:

Thanks for the great compliment! Heller ford treated me very well on the deal and I love the Grabber blue white label they have. They have had it, and the Gotta Have It Green(yellow label) one, since the Saleen open house a few months back. I guess it takes a certain person to love those colors. I do. Maybe some of us SD Saleen owners should meet up for coffee some time.

JasonsSaleen
12-16-2013, 04:41 PM
Here is my latest YouTube video with my new suspension parts.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2_0ZMZ8p3oM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jason @ 281m
12-16-2013, 05:18 PM
Jason, I like the one you had built in house. That was sweet!

Thanks! Not everyone has a budget to have us build them a custom one. :cool:

Phil in OKC
12-16-2013, 11:51 PM
Beautiful car. Keep us updated on the mods as you go along.

JasonsSaleen
12-17-2013, 12:03 AM
Beautiful car. Keep us updated on the mods as you go along.

Since the last time I posted, I've installed the Barton two post bracket. It makes the shifting feel a lot sturdier. I think it was worth the money. I'm deciding what to do with the front suspension. I'll probably do some coil overs once I save the money. They are really expensive.

Kazoo DUDE
12-17-2013, 09:23 AM
Do I just need one oil separator? I've seen them advertised as a driver and passenger side model.

Hi Jason:

Just the passenger side since the drivers side is the air intake from the CAI or stock air box. The passengers side is the one that goes back to the manifold and I can't tell you how much oil/sludge/gas vapor it traps. I will try to post a picture of my catchings after only 100 miles!!!

Kazoo DUDE
12-17-2013, 09:30 AM
Hi Jason:

Just the passenger side since the drivers side is the air intake from the CAI or stock air box. The passengers side is the one that goes back to the manifold and I can't tell you how much oil/sludge/gas vapor it traps. I will try to post a picture of my catchings after only 100 miles!!!

I tried and failed since I am over my allotted file download size. Can I delete some pictures from an old post to make some more room? Any help from forum guys? Thank you,
Mark

Dave
12-22-2013, 10:22 PM
Can I delete some pictures from an old post to make some more room? Any help from forum guys?

Yes. Manage attachments in your account profile.

Jim D.
12-25-2013, 12:43 AM
Members get more storage

RON R
02-08-2014, 09:18 PM
Beautiful Saleen Jason!:)

Enjoy her!!!

d514ave
02-11-2014, 12:28 AM
8 Hours to put the big brakes on? Took me like 45 minuites?

Werecow
02-13-2014, 01:04 PM
8 Hours to put the big brakes on? Took me like 45 minuites?

Do they work? LOL Probably... not everyone has the same skill sets. It is just nice to see people do their own work. :biggrin:

JasonsSaleen
03-12-2014, 10:38 PM
The fronts were easy and only took about 2 hours. The rear brakes took the longest because I had to drain the diff. and pull the axles to install the new caliper mount. The rear rotor went up in size to 13.8".

Since I last posted, I installed Koni Sport Struts/Shocks and a Barton short throw shifter. I'm saving for a supercharger and boss manifold. Should have them by the end of the year. My goal is 650 rwhp.

Werecow
03-13-2014, 11:27 AM
The fronts were easy and only took about 2 hours. The rear brakes took the longest because I had to drain the diff. and pull the axles to install the new caliper mount. The rear rotor went up in size to 13.8".

Since I last posted, I installed Koni Sport Struts/Shocks and a Barton short throw shifter. I'm saving for a supercharger and boss manifold. Should have them by the end of the year. My goal is 650 rwhp.

Probably will need more fuel too... I was told that 600 RWHP is about the limit for the stock fuel pump.

Kazoo DUDE
03-13-2014, 01:00 PM
Probably will need more fuel too... I was told that 600 RWHP is about the limit for the stock fuel pump.
and the injectors are 32lbs or 39lbs not sure but not enough. I would also suggest the whiteline tranny bushing so you limit the twisting that much power is going to but on the MT 82.

JasonsSaleen
03-13-2014, 07:41 PM
The kit that I've decided on is from Beefcake racing and comes with injectors and a boost a pump. I haven't looked into the driveline changes yet. I'm sure I will have to strengthen some things due to the increase in horsepower. I will do and learn everything little by little.

Thanks for all the great advice!

Kazoo DUDE
03-14-2014, 08:42 AM
The kit that I've decided on is from Beefcake racing and comes with injectors and a boost a pump. I haven't looked into the driveline changes yet. I'm sure I will have to strengthen some things due to the increase in horsepower. I will do and learn everything little by little.

Thanks for all the great advice!

this is the bushing $65 and with my Barton shifter bracket, I have tightened up the shifting nicely. I use to miss hard 2-3 shifts but these two things eliminated it. You can read up on them at American Muscle or cj pony parts. Enjoy the new ride!!

http://www.americanmuscle.com/whiteline-positive-shift-kit-1114.html

JasonsSaleen
04-23-2014, 11:02 PM
After a couple of weeks with the new shifter, I realized that I did something wrong while installing it. There was a whine every time I touched the shift knob to put it in gear. I could also hear a lot of driveline noise as well. I pulled the shifter out and realized that I didn't have the boot ring intalled back around the sheet medal opening. I installed dynamat and repositioned the boot correctly and eliminated the noise. The shifter is great and functions perfectly. A really good upgrade if you're considering a short throw shifter.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/cpXIQtA-x-4?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/cpXIQtA-x-4?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>