PDA

View Full Version : 14-0013 White Label Now Supercharged

JasonsSaleen
06-11-2014, 12:41 PM
Just wanted to update the club on my progress with my Vortech supercharger install. I finished the install yesterday and started it up for the first time. Thank God there were no leaks or problems! It took me about 20 hours to install. I didn't really run into any problems as it was a very straight forward process. The instructions from Vortech were really good. I would suggest that you have some mechanical skills before you tackle a project like this.

I ordered the kit from Beefcake Racing out of Illinois. The price was great and I didn't have to pay CA tax or shipping. Terry was fantastic to deal with and has a lot of knowledge on force induction cars. The kit came with ID1000 fuel injectors, Vortech Boost a Pump, and remote tune session with John Lund Racing. I'm in the initial stages of the tuning process with them right now. I first had to send them an idle and RPM data log. Lund has already sent me another flash tune so that I can log a street drive without making boost. I'll send the data log to them on Saturday. After that, Lund will have me do some 4th gear pulls. I'll let everyone know how it turns out in the end.

Here are a couple of videos and I will have some follow on photos.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/Dp5WoXsQ0jU?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/Dp5WoXsQ0jU?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/Q_clMgZvwD4?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/Q_clMgZvwD4?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

JasonsSaleen
06-11-2014, 06:30 PM
I will upload better pictures soon.

Werecow
06-14-2014, 10:26 AM
Looks sweet Jason! Kudos! So, in the end, were any bumper clearance mods required?

JasonsSaleen
06-14-2014, 03:10 PM
Looks sweet Jason! Kudos! So, in the end, were any bumper clearance mods required?

Thanks! I didn't have to cut the bumper cover at all. I was really surprised.

jbone
06-16-2014, 06:10 PM
Looking Good Jason!

JasonsSaleen
06-16-2014, 06:39 PM
Looking Good Jason!

Thanks Jim! We definately need to hang out again.

jbone
06-16-2014, 06:43 PM
Sounds good, how is the Tuning going?

JasonsSaleen
06-16-2014, 08:15 PM
Sounds good, how is the Tuning going?

I have a tune revision hanging out in my inbox. I can't load the new tune, which should be the last, until I get back from 29 palms on Friday. It's running really good right now, so the new tweak should be a lot better.

jbone
06-17-2014, 06:43 PM
Nice, will have to find a local Dyno and see what kind of power you are making now!

JasonsSaleen
06-17-2014, 09:47 PM
Nice, will have to find a local Dyno and see what kind of power you are making now!

Cars equipped with the same mods are putting down 580-620 rwhp depending on the dyno. I'm in no rush to get dyno numbers, but if I do I'll post the dyno sheet and what kind of dyno was used. I know that I will have to replace the clutch and flywheel soon enough! Ha Ha! I already inherited a DSS driveshaft from a buddy, so that will go in with the clutch. I'll be installing a Mcleod RXT and steel flywheel probably in the next couple of months. I've got to wait awhile since the wife is still ****ed about the supercharger purchase. Lol.

jbone
06-18-2014, 11:55 AM
I have that wife issue also lol!

motu360
09-11-2014, 12:54 AM
Do you plan on changing your rear end with the 7.5-8/5 lbs of PSI? I also have a white label(#19) desperately looking to be Super/Turbo charged. I religiously read "Item Description" to see what really best fits my needs and wants.
Also, one last thing...
What mods have you added on? With each of those mods, what are some of your opinions on each build? Any regrets on building certain items now instead of later? Just curious on how people build... Reading purposes only. Any information will be helpful.

The black finish looks pretty good with that engine.

JasonsSaleen
09-11-2014, 12:18 PM
Do you plan on changing your rear end with the 7.5-8/5 lbs of PSI? I also have a white label(#19) desperately looking to be Super/Turbo charged. I religiously read "Item Description" to see what really best fits my needs and wants.
Also, one last thing...
What mods have you added on? With each of those mods, what are some of your opinions on each build? Any regrets on building certain items now instead of later? Just curious on how people build... Reading purposes only. Any information will be helpful.

The black finish looks pretty good with that engine.

Changing the diff and axles may come later, but I'll change the clutch and flywheel first. I started with suspension and every part has been an upgrade with know regrets. Just do your research and ensure each part fits your wants and needs.

I really like the vortech supercharger system. It is suddle at low rpm's and goes into beast mode above 4500 rpm. You can find my mod list in my signature.

Werecow
09-14-2014, 11:13 AM
Jason, I don't see your sig man.... love your car though. You going to the Saleen show here next weekend?

JasonsSaleen
09-17-2014, 04:11 PM
Jason, I don't see your sig man.... love your car though. You going to the Saleen show here next weekend?

I didn't have a sig. I thought that I did. Must have been another forum. I'm registered for the event however I may have to work. I hope to see you there.