PDA

View Full Version : NEED TECHNICAL ADVICE HELP BADDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stanghungry
01-04-2008, 08:36 PM
I HAVE A 06 SALEEN THAT HAS ABOUT 5K ON IT. I DON'T DRIVE IT MUCH AND IT STAYS COVERED IN THE GARAGE UNLESS IT'S A NICE DAY. HERE LATELT ABOUT EVERY 4TH DAY I TRY AND GO OUT TO START THE CAR AND IT APPEARS THA THE BATTERY DIES. SO I JUMPED IT LIKE 4 TIMES. I TOOK IT TO FORD AND THEY CHECK THE ENTIRE CHARGING SYSTEM AND ALL IS WELL. THE PERSON AT FORD SAID I SHOULD BUY A TRY OFF POWER SWITCH TO THE BATTERY IF I DON'T DRIVE IT 2 TIMES A WEEK. HE SAID THAT THE COMPUTER IN THE CAR IS PROBABLY DRAINING THE BATTERY. HAS ANYONE HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT THIS?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

speedster1322
01-05-2008, 08:51 AM
Good luck with the dealer. They gave you a poor answer. If you look at other posts you will find this is an issue. I believe it has something to do with the radio.

Mine did the same thing and now I take the CD's out and shut the radio off before shutting the car off. (i know this should not have to be done) Since I started doing that the car has been holding a charge.

Stanghungry
01-05-2008, 07:27 PM
Hey Steve, Thanks for the info. I do have CD'S in the radio and I will take those out tomm and try what you said. I told the guy at ford that I am not going to ride my car up and down the road and put miles on it because the darn thing won't hold a charge. I appreciate your help. Thanks Again. I guess I need to logon more often to find these things out........

06saleenX
01-06-2008, 08:03 AM
mine after a couple weeks will die as well,

i changed out the stereo system, an it will still do it,

i bought a little trickle charger an if i know im not going to be using the car, I leave that on , its a pain, but better than a dead battery

Stanghungry
01-06-2008, 06:50 PM
I THINK THIS IS A REAL SHAME THAT NEW FORD OWNERS WHO TRY AND KEEP THE MILES DOWN ON THERE CARS CAN'T BECAUSE IF THE CAR SITS TOO LONG THE BATTERY WILL GO DEAD. FORD SHOULD FIX THIS PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

06Saleen373
01-16-2008, 09:11 AM
Hey guys,
I had the same issue with my 05 GT, before I traded it in for the 06 Saleen. Luckily, I have never had this problem with the Saleen since I have owned it now for a year and a half. But, when the car sits in the garage and don't have time to take it for a spin on the parkway nearby, I just start it up and let it run for about 10 mins or until I hear it idle. So far, it's been fine that way. In my opinion, start the car at least twice a week, let it run for 10mins or until at least it idle's and you'll be fine. By the way, who told you to take the cd's out? I have a friend who's a mechanic with Ford for 20 plus years and is still laughing about that one. Good luck!

Stanghungry
01-18-2008, 10:24 AM
A guy on this forum told me he tried the cd thing and it worked. I also spoke with saleen and was told that when the car is shut off the water bump still runs also. I have another appointment with ford on Monday because I started the car up on a Monday and it was dead by Thursday. I am going to request an Optimim battery to see if that helps.

saleen104
03-27-2008, 08:10 AM
I have a 07 Saleen and I've gone three weeks without driving it and it fired up the first turn of the key. Never experienced any problems with the battery draining. Do you have any accessories installed recently like a car alarm? If so that would be my first go to problem. You might also have a ground problem where something is grounding.

motorscooter49
03-27-2008, 09:47 AM
I had trouble with my 06 Saleen's battery, also. I took it to the dealer 3 times and they could not find a problem. They advised me to get a battery tender, which I did, and I didn't have any more problems. My 07 Saleen has not experienced any dead battery problems. I store my 07 in a garage and do not lock it or set the alarm. I did on the 06. I wonder if the alarm system may have contributed to the problem.

S281SC Coop
03-27-2008, 07:55 PM
Buy a battery tender. Yea it sucks that the battery is dead........and yes it is a Ford issue not a Saleen issue, but most batteries will go dead on you if you leave them sit for to long with out any type on maintenance. Summit has one in their catalog for under $50 if i remember correctly. its a very ,,,very slow charge. You don't want give the battery a chance to die on you..then throw one of those 2amp or higher chargers on it...you'll do more harm than good with that. So no matter what area of the country you live in. if you're going to let the car sit idle for any more than 5 or 6 weeks...put a Tender on it......or at the very least, disconnect the positive lead. Of coarse you will have to reset the computer on the car before you start it, but thats pretty easy to do.

FASN8N
03-27-2008, 07:59 PM
Another vote for the Battery Tender Plus. You can get them for about $40 shipped

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-12V-DELTRAN-BATTERY-TENDER-PLUS-CHARGER-021-0128_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35594QQihZ006QQite mZ160221740934QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Lenster
04-02-2008, 09:10 PM
Ok I have the same problem with my 06 saleen.. I only took it to the dealer once but will take it again .. They said that they will swap ou tthe battery but only when I bring it a second time... I only have 3500 miles on the car.,... But lets all keep in mind taht a car espaecially like mine that sits in the garage shouyld start up after sitting for just 2-3 weeks... I own plenty of machines that sit out in the cold all winter and start up after lieing for weeks on end in the elaments.. Its just Bull**** and ford has a problem and can't fix it.. A battery tender is a bandaid nothing more.. take the car back to the dealer and have them swap the battery ...

jvilla112
04-04-2008, 07:21 PM
i had this problem for the first year, had dlr check it twice, we decided that it was my radar dector(even though it has auto off) now i unplug it, my car is over 2yrs now w/ 6100 miles, so i hardly ever drive it, and starts every time, unless i forget the radar.

Ponypinoy
04-05-2008, 02:49 AM
I just brought my car into the dealer to fix the settings of driver's side window today.The battery was low and caused the window not to close completely. I tried rolling up the window, but once it reaches the top it rolls back down.

One of the technician came out to talk to me and said when the battery dies the setting's for the window get lost. The battery drain could be caused by the alarm. He does not recommend stock battery (Motorcraft) to sit for a long period of time. He recommended that I buy a better battery like Optima or similar battery. :confused:Wow!!! Even their technician don't back the parts.

Stanghungry
04-09-2008, 12:37 PM
Thanks Everyone. well ford changed the battery for me and it's been a few months and so far the car has started every time. I guess I will have to wait and see what happens down the road. It sucks that I might have to buy a better battery after spending all that money buying the car........

wpgfordguy
04-22-2008, 03:59 PM
Old thread, I know, but there is a "suggestion" from engineering ( tsb) that the electrical design of the PATS, PCM, Memory and active security system can cause the battery to go dead within a few weeks.

I have 50 Mustangs on my lot that are all dead, that's the way they are.

There is no "Ford" fix for it, Battery tenders are recommended ( by me).

This problem stems back to this Chassis when it was a Jaguar, As the Jaguar Dealer I had the same problem and much of that PCM and Alarm technology was carried over to the Dew98 and S197 Platforms.

Stanghungry
04-23-2008, 07:58 AM
Thanks I appreciate the information. Since ford replaced the battert the car starts up every time. I am sure in time I will have the same problem again. I also purchased that swith for the battery and have not installed it yet but I am sure I will have too in time.

CRF118R
04-25-2008, 09:21 AM
I had the same problem. I used to lock it up before covering it up in the garage and I would have to jump it about every other time I wanted to drive which was not too often. I quit locking it and no more problem. Hope that does the trick!