PDA

View Full Version : Intake manifold repair? - 2001 S281 S/C

dullblack1968
08-06-2008, 06:14 PM
Hi Everyone,

I recently found I have a problem with my intake. The tower where the temperature sensor is mounted has a crack. The crack leaks anti-freeze which then has ruined the coil and spark on cylinder #1 (?). This is not good of course. I really think it has been this way for maybe a year as I would always find a small mystery puddle under the car under the passenger front end of the car. Kinda always presumed it was the overflow as I could not locate any leaks.

The intake which is under the SC already has welding streams along the base (on the passenger side only) which looks like it was part of the manufacturing of the device (or was previously fixed). This car was owned by Molly Saleen so I would like to think that it was always properly serviced but on the other hand maybe not.

So I guess I am in need of a couple of ideas. Certainly replacement of the stock device with another is fine (if I can buy one), but since I am going to take the top of the motor apart is there any upgrade ideas.

I also will take the manifold to a welder to see if the crack can be repaired.

Sorry to keep rambling but one other thing, it there shop manuals available for these cars. I sure could use one at this point.

THANKS,
chris

2001-04 SC281 Vert

Dave
09-07-2009, 12:11 AM
Install manual:
http://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=5553