PDA

View Full Version : A warranty Claim....covered by FOrd?

Light02atl
03-07-2009, 12:38 PM
I know that a service dealer will probably be the only one that can answer this, but I figured I would give it a shot here first.

I got in my truck this morning and my back glass must be leaking. I had water on the back of my back seat. Since Saleen didnt touch the rear window in these trucks, would this be a valid warranty claim through Ford?

AMS MIKE
03-07-2009, 01:46 PM
only parts put on by Saleen was warrantied by Saleen. Everything else is covered under FORD's factory warranty.

BACKIN BLACK
03-07-2009, 11:11 PM
That is for sure a FORD issue. Just like was posted, Ford will take care of that for you under warranty. I am just confused:confused: on the SALEEN OUT OF BUSINESS and not handling the S/C and motor warranty. Ford wil have to step up to the plate or buy back!

Light02atl
03-08-2009, 10:12 AM
Ford wil have to step up to the plate or buy back!

LOL, surely you jest.

IM still waiting for an official press release. I dont see any obligation Ford would have to step up to the plate.....or buy back.

olecoot
03-08-2009, 11:15 AM
If you go to a reputable Ford dealership there should not be a problem. I've had the Heritage into a local dealership and any Ford related item was covered without an issue. For instance the Shaker 500 has known problems and was replaced quickly and professionally. In fact, the technician that performed the replacement nicked the plastic on the emergency brake handle. Not only did he tell me about it, he ordered a replacement without a suggestion from me. In these times, it is hard to believe the customer service I have received from this dealership! Especially when you consider the fact that the car was not purchased there .... Outstanding service!

For those in the Central Texas region, I would highly recommend Covert Ford in Hutto, TX!

PS to Mods: If this reply is not in the right place or inappropriate please delete or move.

'Coot

BACKIN BLACK
03-08-2009, 11:36 AM
I am not bashing FORD. I will believe what is going around as a rumor TILL it is posted world wide. Like I said in another post. A warranty of any kind is no better that the person that sells you a product. Reputable DEALERSHIPS WILL WORK WITH YOU, at least they have with me in the past. I have had numerous claims in the past. I should have been a tester for new products. Have a nice day. It's RACE day for me.

BACKIN BLACK

olecoot
03-08-2009, 11:45 AM
None taken :biggrin:.

I just like to give support where support is due and bash when bashing is due!

Have a good one!!

'Coot