PDA

View Full Version : Spoke with MJ Acq./Saleen today

wcdean
03-19-2009, 06:07 PM
For what it is worth, I spoke with MJA/Saleen today and while they specifically said that they will not be producing any parts for the 09 F150 platform, they will continue to provide all Saleen parts for the 07/08 331's (or basically 04-08 F150's). I specifically asked them if I needed to stock up and was told that since the 331 was considered a full blown production vehicle that there were laws that required them to maintain service/parts for them. (You would think that there were laws that required them to honor their warranty obligations as well, but whatever...)

I am not sure how much I trust anybody in either company at this point but this is what I was told. I still don't think that it would be a bad idea to round up extra parts if you can. Just ask the XP8 guys...

Saleen190
03-19-2009, 08:10 PM
Im not so sure I wanna support them by buying THEIR extra parts since they arent honoring our warranty. Theres too many other options out there. roush/steeda and god knows how many other suspension manufactures there are out there, I can think of atleast 5 other super chargers brands right off the top of my head...etc. I mean think about it, atleast if you replace you rbroken parts with these other manufacturer's parts atleast they wil still be around to honor their warranties and you wont have to worry about "running out of extra parts". With the exception of the cosmetic stuff, everything else can be bought from another producer. Im glad yuo found that out and hope they stand behind it...also appreciate you putting it up on here...but not so sure I wanna give more money to a company who just voided my warranty on a truck that only has 7k miles on it :mad:

wcdean
03-19-2009, 08:23 PM
Trust me, you and I are seeing completely eye to eye. I have 12K on my truck and I wouldn't buy anything other than the cosmetic stuff from them either. I like the look of these trucks and I intend to keep the look, but as things wear out or need to be replaced (i.e. suspension, etc.) I fully intend to find other outlets. I do find comfort in the fact that should I get in a fender bender or something and need a part I can still get it without having to keep a spare of every single cosmetic part at my house because MJ doesn't make them anymore.

2007SaleenS331
03-19-2009, 08:28 PM
I am with ya there!! I am not happy that they won't honor the safety recalls on my 07 S331SC. Lot of money spent on this truck to get blown-off on the warranty.

Light02atl
03-19-2009, 10:07 PM
I think we all need to understand that it is not MJ Acquisitions that will not honor our warranty. Warranties were not part of the buy out deal. Saleen Inc. is to blame here. MJ just bought the rights to the supercharger and parts sales. All vehicle issues are directly related to Saleen..

Lets hope that they continue to sell us parts. However, Saleen sure did sell off a **** load of S331 parts last summer.

Oh, and I agree about parts...regarding XP8 guys. Like everyone else has said, the only thing really unique on these trucks are the appearance package. The brakes can be bought from local shops. The SC is not going anywhere, its the same as the mustang with a different intake. Exhaust can be run any way you want. You catch my drift.

Saleen190
03-20-2009, 03:01 PM
my biggest issue is the fact that I never got around to getting the fuel rail safety recall done. Kinda makes me feel like Im driving a time bomb around

Jess Albright
03-20-2009, 03:30 PM
I've been asked why I haven't been on here much the last couple weeks, it's because of threads like this!!! People saying things like this:

Im not so sure I wanna support them by buying THEIR extra parts since they aren't honoring our warranty. not so sure I wanna give more money to a company who just voided my warranty on a truck that only has 7k miles on it :mad:

The simple fact is if it wasn't for MJ you would never get parts for your truck unless you were to find the company that was liquidating the parts, chances are you would never find them. By buying parts you are not supporting the company that cancelled your warranty you are supporting the company that helped make sure you had the opportunity to buy those parts in the future!!
Be as upset with Saleen Inc. as you want because trust me I am probably more upset, but MJ is not the one to point the finger at.

Thank you
Jess

Light02atl
03-20-2009, 03:36 PM
I've been asked why I haven't been on here much the last couple weeks, it's because of threads like this!!! People saying things like this:

The simple fact is if it wasn't for MJ you would never get parts for your truck unless you were to find the company that was liquidating the parts, chances are you would never find them. By buying parts you are not supporting the company that cancelled your warranty you are supporting the company that helped make sure you had the opportunity to buy those parts in the future!!
Be as upset with Saleen Inc. as you want because trust me I am probably more upset, but MJ is not the one to point the finger at.

Thank you
Jess

EXACTLY what i have been saying!!!! Although, sometimes it doesnt sink in until someone "official" says it.

tonylop33
03-20-2009, 04:44 PM
I stocked up on some parts last week. As usually Jess was great and it seems MJ is planning to be there for the Saleen owners who need parts. Thanks Jess!

wcdean
03-20-2009, 05:43 PM
I don't mean to point the finger at MJ and if I did that was not my intention. We are all just upset at the events that have transpired. I, for one, am happy that we can still buy parts for our trucks. It would seem to me, though, that if a company acquired another company it would also acquire their obligations (i.e. warranty obligations). That being said, I am not a business lawyer...

haulin S331
03-20-2009, 05:52 PM
Thanks JESS, you summed it up. just keep your cool , you are always there to help us all out when we need help. Say hello to Jeff Clark for me . Haulin S331 #309

Jess Albright
03-20-2009, 06:22 PM
wcdean:
A company did not acquire another company in this case though, they acquired ASSETS. In other words they bought the names (Saleen, Racecraft, etc), warehouse inventory, tooling, shop supplies (lifts, tools, racks, etc), and some office supplies (computers, desks, etc.).

Haulin S331
I will throw something at Jeff for you. That's my way of saying hi to him!!

Thanks
Jess

haulin S331
03-21-2009, 09:33 AM
Just don't hurt him to bad , we still need him :smile: Haulin S331

TPSMak
03-21-2009, 11:10 AM
Have any of you tried to buy NEW or spare parts for a 04 & older Mustang recently from Ford? ALOT of "NEW" parts are no longer available...including alternators, racks, etc.. you can get a reman one from Ford BUT not a new one.

If I was a 99-04 Cobra owner I would be VERY concerned about their IRS. I had to buy a spare part for a customer and was told by 3 Ford Dealers that the parts from the 04 Cobra was now OBSOLETE and they cannot help with getting one. The only way to get one was to buy one in a dealers stock in Kansas OR buy one from a junk yard.

IMO, to have parts obsoleted on a car that is LESS than 6 years old is BS!