PDA

View Full Version : Meet Steve Saleen at BRMC & MCA National Show - Asheville, NC - Sept. 3-5, 2010

Dave
07-12-2009, 12:18 AM
Date: September, 3-5, 2010

Additional info to come.

http://www.brmcoa.org/

85Saleen
02-10-2010, 09:01 PM
Date: September, 3-5, 2010

http://www.brmcoa.org/ (http://www.brmcoa.org/)
http://www.biltmore.com

All, update on this show. The MCA National Show at The Biltmore Estate over Labor Day weekend will be "the show" to attend in 2010. What you need to know: Registration will open on Feb 15th and could sell out within a few weeks based on feedback so far. This is a destination show and entry fee will include weekend passes to the Biltmore with the show on the estate. Steve Saleen will be in attendance and has signed the Pink Flamingos for the Saturday entertainment. Check the web page above for additional info or feel free to drop me an email.

Debbie Blaylock
02-20-2010, 11:47 AM
Thanks Larry for the post!!

A meeting is planned Wednesday (2/24/10) with the Biltmore House to firm up more details on the Saturday night event and the Pink Flamingo's. More information will follow at that time. We are also making arrangements for "GO CARTING" for those interested. If you need assistance with rooms, blocked rooms are available at the Sheraton (app $120.00/night), Biltmore Inn, and The Grand Bohemian Hotel.

More details soon on plans to "Meet and Greet" with Steve and SOEC friends.

Debbie Blaylock
mustangdebbie@charter.net
Phone 828-712-8602

S281SC Coop
02-23-2010, 10:14 PM
There's a 10 or so of us(only 2 Saleens) up here in the northern Ohio...northwestern Pa area who are hoping to be able to get into the Asheville show,,,,we had a major f'up on sending in our registration forms. in UPS does not deliver to a PO Box...Daaahh. I personally would be interested for the go carting and the dinner on Saturday night. But its all going to depend on weather we all get in or not...We travel and cruise as one. But our back up plan is Mustang week in Myrtle Beach.....either way im in for one great week, just depends on which week it will be. Hope we can make the Biltmore

QWKENUF
Craig

Jim D.
06-12-2010, 10:03 AM
For those of you who are not already pre-registered to show your Saleen at the Asheville event -- and especially if you want Steve to sign your Saleen -- a great opportunity to get it signed will be on August 21 in Winston Salem...

For more info on the August 21 Winston Salem event, and to discuss it, please see this thread...

http://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=7749

S281SC Coop
07-08-2010, 11:20 AM
Well we got the word a few weeks ago, that our group of Mustangs (approx) 13 of us) are going to be able to get to Asheville. Although we will not be in the property we will be very close it sort of an over flow area less the 1/4 mile away. Im interested in attending the event on Saturday with Steve and everyone else. Can someone direct me on who I need to contact for any information of costs of the dinner that night. I appoloige for not researching it more ,cause I know there is a thread in here about it..... its to HOT amd im too lazy to look,,,:biggrin: Looking forward to see a lot of other Saleen owners while we are down there. Until then,,,,,enjoy the summer

QWKENUF
Craig

Greg Wackett
07-28-2010, 06:29 AM
Any word on how many Saleens will be there?

travcar
07-28-2010, 07:30 PM
Well, Rudy and Betsy will be there with the 97-0014 S351 Speedster in the Conservator's Class. We will be assisting Debbie and Marilyn at the SMS display and dinner. If you haven't read about the dinner yet, please notice that the Saturday night Dinner and Entertainment is sponsored by Steve Saleen and SMS Supercars.
http://brmcoa.org/brmcoa/Mustangs_At_The_Mansion.html

Tickets are available through the attached Spectator Registration which ends August 1, 2010. Hurry!!!!!
http://brmcoa.org/brmcoa/home.html

travcar
08-17-2010, 10:15 PM
:smile: Latest Information from Debbie Blaylock and Marilyn Peek, Asheville, NC
Attached pdf below for convenient downloading.
Thursday, Septemper 2 Meet and Greet Cancelled. Steve Saleen will not be in Asheville on Thursday.

Mustangs at the Mansion 2010, Mustang Club of America National Show by the <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Blue Ridge Mustang Club of Asheville at the Biltmore Estate, Asheville, North Carolina<o:p></o:p>
SOEC activities September 2 - 5, 2010<o:p></o:p>
Come join the Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club and Steve Saleen, Thursday, September 2 - Sunday, September 5. The event is sold-out for show cars and discount pricing on Biltmore Estate tickets. If you do not have admission tickets for the Biltmore Estate, they will be available at the Biltmore for the regular price of $55/person/day. You will have to park in the regular parking lot and get the Biltmore’s shuttle to the show site.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Joe Grace, Blue Ridge Mustang Club of Asheville, reports that rooms may still be available at the Quality Inn Hotel & Suites at Skyland / Arden. Special Mustang event rates are no longer available, so you will need to check the rates.<o:p></o:p>
Early Sunday morning (possibly at sunrise): Group photo for Saleens in front of the Biltmore Mansion. Details to be determined. We need to know in advance—NOW—if you want to participate in the photo. <o:p></o:p>
E-mail: saleens351@comcast.net<o:p></o:p>
For activities listed above and below, RSVP to saleens351@comcast.net Please list what SOEC activities you will be attending: 1) Autograph for Saleen, 2) Thursday night CANCELLED, 3) Friday park together, 4) Friday night, 5) Saturday night, 6) Sunday morning photo. Give your name, contact phone number, Saleen model & number (ex. S281 #96-0000), and SOEC activity you will attend: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. See list below.<o:p></o:p>
ITINERARY OF SOEC ACTIVITIES (as of 8/27/2010 from Debbie Blaylock and Marilyn Peek)<o:p></o:p>
Autograph Sessions: Steve Saleen will be autographing posters and Saleens. Times to be announced at the show. Inquire at the SMS Supercars tent. <o:p></o:p>
1) Time to be determined: Autograph for your Saleen<o:p></o:p>
Thursday, September 2, 2010: <o:p></o:p>
2) CANCELLED - STEVE SALEEN WILL NOT BE IN ASHEVILLE THURSDAY.<o:p></o:p>
Friday, September 3, 2010:<o:p></o:p>
3) Parking for the judged car show field. Parking for show cars at MCA shows is as you arrive. To park together, a group must arrive together. We will meet early on Friday. We hope to have spaces for the registered show cars by the SMS Supercars tent. The gathering spot and time has not yet been determined. We must have your e-mail to get the details to you.<o:p></o:p>
8:00A.M.-5:00P.M.: Biltmore Estate MCA show.<o:p></o:p>
4) 6:30P.M.-8:30P.M.: Join SOEC and Steve Saleen at the Sauce Boss dinner at the Biltmore Estate. Show or spectator admission tickets will be required to be on the Estate for the evening activity. If you don’t have tickets to the Sauce Boss, they will be available at the Asheville Club host tent until 3:00 P.M. on Friday. <o:p></o:p>
4) 8:30P.M.-10:30P.M.: Concert - Sauce Boss at the Biltmore Estate.<o:p></o:p>
Saturday, September 4, 2010: <o:p></o:p>
8:00A.M.-5:00P.M.: Biltmore Estate MCA show.<o:p></o:p>
12:00P.M.: MCA judging for registered show cars.<o:p></o:p>
5) 6:30-8:30P.M.: Dinner at the Biltmore Estate. <o:p></o:p>
5) 8:30P.M.-10:30P.M.: Entertainment at the Biltmore Estate.<o:p></o:p>
The Saturday Night Dinner and Entertainment by the Pink Flamingos is sponsored by Steve Saleen and SMS Supercars. Join SOEC and Steve Saleen. Show or spectator admission tickets will be required to be on the Estate for the evening activity. If you don’t have tickets to the dinner and entertainment, they will be available at the Asheville Club host tent until 3:00 P.M. on Friday and Saturday. <o:p></o:p>
Sunday, September 5, 2010:<o:p></o:p>
6) Early A.M.: Group photo for Saleens in front of the Biltmore Mansion. Details to be determined. <o:p></o:p>
8:00A.M.– ? : Biltmore Estate MCA show and trophy presentations by the Blue Ridge Mustang Club of Asheville.<o:p></o:p>

travcar
08-17-2010, 10:27 PM
E-mail saleens351@comcast.net if you plan to attend. See previous message.

awayne
08-25-2010, 02:46 PM
Just a little over a week till the show!

Let us know if you are attending the show.

Saleen1
08-26-2010, 07:05 AM
i was looking to register online but cant find anything about that on the above links (or I just missed it). Is it too late to register? If not could soneone please post a direct link to registration?

Saleen1
08-26-2010, 08:13 AM
Now that I've read everything more carefully it looks like registration is closed...is there any way to make room for 1 more saleen?

awayne
08-26-2010, 10:59 AM
You are able to come to the show but registration is closed on cars. It was sold out in just about 1 month after they opened I believe.

travcar
08-27-2010, 12:28 PM
Latest Information from Debbie Blaylock and Marilyn Peek, Asheville, NC
Attached pdf below for convenient downloading.
Thursday, Septemper 2 Meet and Greet Cancelled. Steve Saleen will not be in Asheville on Thursday.

dain
08-29-2010, 10:16 AM
Well we got the word a few weeks ago, that our group of Mustangs (approx) 13 of us) are going to be able to get to Asheville. Although we will not be in the property we will be very close it sort of an over flow area less the 1/4 mile away. Im interested in attending the event on Saturday with Steve and everyone else. Can someone direct me on who I need to contact for any information of costs of the dinner that night. I appoloige for not researching it more ,cause I know there is a thread in here about it..... its to HOT amd im too lazy to look,,,:biggrin: Looking forward to see a lot of other Saleen owners while we are down there. Until then,,,,,enjoy the summer

QWKENUF
Craig

Looking for more information on the overflow area. I will be in town that weekend too but was too late to get into the show.

travcar
08-30-2010, 02:45 PM
The event is sold-out for show cars and show discount pricing on Biltmore Estate tickets. If you do not have admission tickets for the Biltmore Estate, they will be available at the Biltmore for the regular price of $55/person/day or see the link below for an online discount offer from the Biltmore site.

You will have to park in the regular parking lot and get the Biltmore’s shuttle to the show site. The over flow lot is only for cars that are already registered for the show's overflow lot.

Here's a link for Biltmore tickets, 2 days for the price of one.

http://www.biltmore.com/landing/10_summer_families.asp?pid=Google&s_kwcid=asheville%20nc