PDA

View Full Version : Hampton Roads, VA March 27th Cruise

Coderedsaleen
02-10-2010, 11:24 PM
A couple of us Hampton Roaders are setting up a late march cruise. The plan is to get together in the Greenbrier Mall parking lot at Sears between 8:00 and 9:00am on the 27th of March to make a cruise down to Nags Head at 9:00am, do lunch at the Hooters. We want to do a little mini car display while there for a couple of hours then head back. If anybody is interested you can PM either me here, or coderedsaleen, nem, or 800plus on Modularfords.com.
Each individual is responsible for their own monetary expenses and this will be a car display to just show off your ride, no trophies, just sharing some fun with fellow Stanger. Thanks and hope to see you out there and join in our 45 car cruise that is growing each day.

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx5/Coderedsaleen/Flyer2.jpg

Coderedsaleen
02-11-2010, 06:55 PM
I guess there are no Saleens in Hampton Roads?

Stanghungry
02-12-2010, 08:24 AM
I am in Southern Maryland and will try to make that cruise. I gotta represent the saleens if I have too. :) :biggrin:

Coderedsaleen
02-12-2010, 05:03 PM
That would be cool, We are in Chesapeake heading south to the Outer Banks, Kitty Hawk area.

Stanghungry
02-12-2010, 05:19 PM
Is there anyway you could get the address for the mall/starting point?

Coderedsaleen
02-12-2010, 05:23 PM
Is there anyway you could get the address for the mall/starting point?

Greenbrier Mall
1401 Greenbrier Pkwy
Chesapeake, VA 23320-2830

Meeting in the Sears parking lot side.

Saleen398$
02-12-2010, 06:10 PM
Glad I logged in after 4 years and now just happen to be stationed at Langley AFB.....I'll be there

Coderedsaleen
02-12-2010, 08:11 PM
Glad I logged in after 4 years and now just happen to be stationed at Langley AFB.....I'll be there

OKay cool, I will add you to our list. We will be looking forward to seeing you and your ride out there with us rolling to the OBX!

Stanghungry
02-13-2010, 12:02 PM
yup. Got it marked on the calendar and I have never been to the OBX. Can't wait.

Coderedsaleen
02-13-2010, 12:57 PM
yup. Got it marked on the calendar and I have never been to the OBX. Can't wait.

OBX is pretty nice and it will look alot nicer seeing all these Mustangs there. I'm sure there will be alot of photo ops during the curse and the display. How many hours are you from Chesapeake? You maybe the furthest away. We have some coming from Richmond also. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Stanghungry
02-13-2010, 02:20 PM
I checked it out and it's about a 4 hour ride for me. I don't mind because around here all they wanna cruise is local and that gets boring.

Coderedsaleen
02-13-2010, 02:59 PM
That cool. I hope we will have some more Saleens show up. That is what we don't want to have, a boring cruise. Our next one is going to be to a different place each time and hopefully add more things to do. If this one is a hit. We have 59 cars so far.

saleen777
02-13-2010, 08:22 PM
sorry man. I'm in snow covered Michigan.

Coderedsaleen
02-14-2010, 12:16 PM
I'm originally from Mich and I don't miss the snow up there at all. It is snowing here in VA and we are looking at getting a full 1.5 inches..... It is snowing..... Oh wait is it all gone now. It would be great if you could show up but being a 14hr drive in it self I don't blame you. Maybe some of the local Saleens can be here for you if we can get more of them to join us it would be great. Looking for to seeing the ones that have already said they will be there and the ones that just show up.

Coderedsaleen
02-15-2010, 09:03 PM
So are there any more Saleens out there that would like to join in our cruise? We have 60+ Mustangs listed to attend. Looking forward to having more of a Saleen presence.

Coderedsaleen
02-18-2010, 06:58 AM
Anyone else interested in attending?

Coderedsaleen
02-20-2010, 12:02 PM
I guess we don't have any local Saleens here that would like to join us. Looking forward to seeing more of you out here with us. Right now we have 65 Mustangs signed up to cruise with us.

navysaleen
02-24-2010, 05:32 PM
I plan on being there, as I will be in Norfolk for the weekend! Hopefully the weather is nice and there is a good showing of Saleens.

Coderedsaleen
02-24-2010, 08:16 PM
I plan on being there, as I will be in Norfolk for the weekend! Hopefully the weather is nice and there is a good showing of Saleens.

Great I will add you to our list and look forward to seeing you and your car at the cruise. So far we have 79 cars now.

Coderedsaleen
02-26-2010, 07:55 PM
Bump to the thread

Coderedsaleen
03-03-2010, 05:21 PM
Bump to the thread.

Stanghungry
03-03-2010, 06:17 PM
I found a nice place to stay down that way if I decide to stay all night after the cruise.

Coderedsaleen
03-03-2010, 06:30 PM
That's cool. So far we have about 85 cars listed to be in the cruise. Possible more that are going to meet up as we cruise through some of the other cities on the way to the OBX.

Coderedsaleen
03-06-2010, 10:59 PM
Bump for today.

Coderedsaleen
03-17-2010, 08:57 AM
Ok guys, with a little over a week to go for the Cruise we just wanted to go over some details with everyone. There are 90 plus vehicles and thanks to everyone for passing the word and moving things along. This is a family event as well and kids will be there so everyone please keep that in mind. The rain date will be on Saturday April 10th. Everyone is responsible for his or her own expenses, Gas, Tolls, Lunch, etc. There is a $2 toll each way on the 168 bypass so don’t forget to bring some cash. Hooters will be giving a 15% discount on all food and beverages. For parking, we have the entire Hooters lot and there is a grassy area behind Hooters that may hold 8 to 10 cars. The Manager stated he will provide some sort of ramps to go over the curb for the cars. There is a vacant lot (old business) to the right facing Hooters and we can park there. To the left of Hooters there is a CPA Firm and we have permission to park there after 1 pm.
*** PLEASE DO NOT PARK THERE BEFORE 1 PM OR YOUR VEHICLE WILL BE TOWED***. For those who plan on staying late and are UFC fans, Hooters will be showing UFC 111 @ 10 pm. Great card that night with Two Title matches. ST-PIERRE vs. HARDY and MIR vs. CARWIN. This is going to be a great time, looking forward to seeing all the badass rides and meeting everyone. Get your vehicles detailed and see you at Greenbrier!!

Thanks,
Ray, Tim, Dave

Coderedsaleen
03-20-2010, 07:01 PM
Any more Saleens in the area like to attend our cruise on Mar 27th, 2010? This is next Saturday.

Coderedsaleen
03-25-2010, 10:10 PM
Bump, This Saturday is the day!

sblizz49
03-26-2010, 06:41 AM
So are there any more Saleens out there that would like to join in our cruise? We have 60+ Mustangs listed to attend. Looking forward to having more of a Saleen presence.

I plan to attend.

Coderedsaleen
03-26-2010, 06:45 AM
Looking forward to seeing you out at the cruise with us! What will you be driving?

Coderedsaleen
03-26-2010, 09:24 AM
I plan to attend.

Looking forward to seeing you out there. So far we have 102 cars listed. What will you be driving?

Coderedsaleen
03-26-2010, 09:27 AM
Ok guys, This Saturday is the Cruise we just wanted to go over some details with everyone. There are 100 plus vehicles and thanks to everyone for passing the word and moving things along. This is a family event as well and kids will be there so everyone please keep that in mind. The rain date will be on Saturday April 10th. Everyone is responsible for his or her own expenses, Gas, Tolls, Lunch, etc. There is a $2 toll each way on the 168 bypass so don’t forget to bring some cash. Hooters will be giving a 15% discount on all food and beverages. For parking, we have the entire Hooters lot and there is a grassy area behind Hooters that may hold 8 to 10 cars. The Manager stated he will provide some sort of ramps to go over the curb for the cars. There is a vacant lot (old business) to the right facing Hooters and we can park there. To the left of Hooters there is a CPA Firm and we have permission to park there after 1 pm.
*** PLEASE DO NOT PARK THERE BEFORE 1 PM OR YOUR VEHICLE WILL BE TOWED***. For those who plan on staying late and are UFC fans, Hooters will be showing UFC 111 @ 10 pm. Great card that night with Two Title matches. ST-PIERRE vs. HARDY and MIR vs. CARWIN. This is going to be a great time, looking forward to seeing all the badass rides and meeting everyone. Get your vehicles detailed and see you at Greenbrier!!

Thanks,
Ray, Tim, Dave
<!-- / message --><!-- controls -->http://saleenforums.soec.org/imagesSOECRedBlack/misc/progress.gif

Saleen398$
03-27-2010, 07:18 AM
Leaving the house in about 30 minutes

Coderedsaleen
03-27-2010, 04:41 PM
Thanks to all that showed up and supported us!

It was nice meeting everybody and seeing all the awesome Mustangs today! Looking forward to seeing all the pics and videos so
please post them on here to the cruise thread.

If anyone has pics or vids of my car, please email them to me at GTPerformance@cox.net.

Looking forward to the next cruise!