The Saleen Forums at soec.org

The Saleen Forums at soec.org (https://saleenforums.soec.org/index.php)
-   2005-2009 Saleen Mustang (https://saleenforums.soec.org/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Q: OEM Saleen hood vents? (https://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=22353)

rgcary 03-30-2019 09:19 PM

Q: OEM Saleen hood vents?

Anyone know where you can pick up both sides? Saleen is out on one side and I really don't want carbon fiber not only because I don't have any other carbon fiber on the car, I like original and carbon is too much $$$$.

captrad 03-31-2019 10:10 AM

Saleenperformance.com $90 per vent.

rgcary 03-31-2019 10:37 AM

They only have passenger side in stock.

captrad 04-01-2019 09:29 AM

try brenspeed.com they show that they have both sides for the same cost as saleen performance does.

rgcary 04-01-2019 11:54 AM

When you click on link they show out. Checked a few days ago. I really cannot believe a part that costs probably $20 to make wholesale can be so hard to find. What does everyone else do, fabricate one??? This is the reason I don't like owning a Saleen and really the only one. Parts are never in or hard to come by. Crazy. Thanks for replying though.

captrad 04-02-2019 09:32 AM

I share your pain. We just have to keep checking on ebay from time to time, in hopes that a used one will pop up. The downside of having a vehicle that is relatively unique.

rgcary 04-02-2019 10:13 AM

I called Saleen parts yesterday and also ordered the passenger side since that's in. Driver side is supposed to be in, but told to check back 4-8 weeks. No email notification will be sent out when stock for driver side is in though. I wish they would have that type of system and inform those waiting.

On a side note, I'm going to modify the new ones and do like other have. The idea I had, similar to others is to use a small rubber hose and cover the existing plastic pegs or whatever you want to call them that allow the screws to insert from under the hood. Robert Assink had a good idea with modifying the existing with the hose if a peg broke off already. Either way, there are ways around it to modify the plastic pegs that break over time. I'll get the small hose to cover the new pegs and leave a little of the hose at end against hood so there is cushion or even a rubber washer. Anything is better then plastic against the hood with heat, hood closing, etc.

Have a good one.

captrad 04-03-2019 09:31 AM

It's very frustrating that vendors do not keep their web sites up to date when showing that they have the parts in stock (when they really DONT). Maybe they do this on purpose. I had an impossible time trying to locate the "supercharged" emblems that go beneath the 281 emblems. Various vendors showed them in stock, charged my card, and then nothing. A month later I called, and they all say they are on backorder with no guess as to arrival time. Finally had to use slightly different replicas. Wheel center caps are nearly impossible to find, though there are a few that sell for $100 each! I finally made my own with caps I ordered from China, and decals from a local vendor. I had to superglue the screw posts on my hood vents. They were loose when I bought it, but fortunately I could still repair them. Kudos to you, for getting creative.

saleen1324 05-24-2019 01:07 PM

I have a pair to sell
two of the screw posts are wide open, but still can be screwed in

Jason @ 281m 06-18-2019 03:06 PM

We made our aluminum version that solved these issues, but we discontinued them due to low sales.

Bruce UBB 05-15-2022 10:43 PM

Hi friends,

I'm looking for the both side of Saleen hood vents. If someone have these parts on store, I can't found on web site... :frown:

purevnm 09-04-2022 04:27 PM

05-09 Saleen SC original hood vents

3 Attachment(s)
SOLD, SOLD, SOLDI have a used set I was going to put on Facebook Marketplace and Ebay for $200. Unless someone wants them off of here?