The Saleen Forums at soec.org

The Saleen Forums at soec.org (https://saleenforums.soec.org/index.php)
-   Saleen Enthusiast News (https://saleenforums.soec.org/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   History Channel: S302 Black Label on Top Gear America (https://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=20524)

Saleen Forums News 05-14-2016 04:27 PM

History Channel: S302 Black Label on Top Gear America

http://soec.org/forum_photos/10.gif

From our friends at Saleen Automotive.

New Season of Top Gear to begin Tuesday April 26th. History Channel, 9/8 Central

[Source: Saleen Automotive]

todds89 05-24-2016 04:42 PM

Tonight!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1Z4LjHFyTI8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jim D. 05-24-2016 08:23 PM

Update: Molly will be doing a LIVE Q&A during the airing of Top Gear USA at 9:00 p.m. (PST) on her facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/molly.saleen

dane302 05-25-2016 12:37 AM

Not that it really matters since you cant actually buy one. Well, you can spend the money but you will never receive the car. It's been almost a year since I bought mine and still no car....

39Mustang 05-25-2016 01:48 AM

Don't like the front-end on the Black Label and didn't buy one because of this reason and after watching the show I made the right decision. By changing the nose it became very unMustang like

IES302 05-25-2016 02:11 AM

Oh man, think I DVR's the 6:00 PM Top Gear. Looked at my guide and thought that was it.

IES302 05-25-2016 03:18 AM

Good deal,k found it online at the historychannel.com Nice show! That driving blindfolded was crazy!

Ice Sterling#15 05-25-2016 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dane302 (Post 139371)
Not that it really matters since you cant actually buy one. Well, you can spend the money but you will never receive the car. It's been almost a year since I bought mine and still no car....

Ok you have that too. I have been trying to get $30.000 down payment back for two year after ordering a 2014 black label, that was never made. How much did you pay?

Blklabel 05-25-2016 11:38 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dane302 (Post 139371)

This is why I did not move forward on the Saleen....I had heard this crap would happen..I'm mean how many people actually received their Black Label? If you remember I was torn between the GT350 R and this car....well one of the reasons to get the Saleen was that I would get it before the GT350R...well I got the R last week, and love it !!

seelye76 05-25-2016 07:55 PM

Great show and glad to see the Saleen kicked ****. Disappointed in the 1/4 miles times though. 12.62@115.64. ET could be driver and wheel spin, but that mph is VERY low for a 730hp car.

Saleen520 05-25-2016 09:14 PM

I would like to buy a new but since they aren't filling their orders I guess I will wait.

saleen556 05-27-2016 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seelye76 (Post 139390)
Great show and glad to see the Saleen kicked ****. Disappointed in the 1/4 miles times though. 12.62@115.64. ET could be driver and wheel spin, but that mph is VERY low for a 730hp car.

I agree. If it made that kind of power the MPH would have been higher. It's very unfortunate that Saleen has so many financial issues. I hope you guys with money down get your refund before they go belly up.

06SaleenExtreme 05-28-2016 10:24 AM

I watched the show last night. The process of the testing & how they performed the testing was disappointing at best. Three different drivers, all with different capabilities and very little data on what the cars are doing.
They would have done the cars justice to perform a RWHP dyno, provide vehicle weight, skid pad & brake test and 1 mile top end speed.

chrissaleen 06-03-2016 08:34 PM

It was exciting to watch Saleen represent so well on national TV. Keep up the great work!

JetJockey47 06-17-2016 04:22 PM

New owner excited about the White Label 302 5.0L #0028

http://saleenforums.soec.org/showthr...646#post139646 I traveled to CA/Saleen to pick up my car on April 16, 2016. I was given a complete tour of their facility by Derek Hall, their director of sales, except for their R&D development building. Derek said that the new version of the S7 was under prototype development and couldn't be seen. It will be introduced later. They were extremely hospitable during my visit and answered all my questions. Their warehouse was completely filled with Mustangs waiting to be completed! It was not a small warehouse either. According to Derek, they were working feverishly to get the cars completed. There was a mixture of White, Yellow and Black label cars in all colors. He said that they had recently received an influx of capital committed to helping their production schedule. Now that Steve in in charge of the company's operation again, their seems to be a real effort to bring the sales back into line with historical numbers. I did spend 10 minutes speaking directly with Steve as well. I can only comment on my personal experience guys, but it took Saleen 2 months to complete my White Label. It took 2 months for the local Ford dealership to receive the car from the factory. They seemed to have a good working relationship with that dealership. I did talk with their sales staff during the waiting period. They have a dedicated guy who handles all the sales of Saleen Mustangs placed with that dealership. I will say that I did have to pay for the car directly to the dealership and not through Saleen. I did not have any problems with doing it that way. All the paperwork on the sale came directly to me from the dealership overnight. Very professional. Remember, if you order a car in CA it will have the CA omissions. There is no getting around that. I tried it and it didn't work. All in all I was favorably impressed with the entire process. Did I get impatient at times or afraid, I must confess it did cross my mind but when I visited their factory it made me a believer. Are they struggling with capital? I believe they still are, but Steve is turning it around slowly but surely. BTW, I did speak with Kenny Bell tech folks in regard to adding a supercharger. They seem to have a seamless working relationship with Saleen. As far as standing by their product warranty, I feel comfortable that KB will. They have been in business for decades! Working quickly might be another issue altogether :wink: Peace - out !

mamen644 06-20-2016 03:55 PM

Were you able to get any other information about the S7 successor? Perhaps a timeframe for when they are planning on launching it? I hope they have the capital to keep growing and producing cars. They are on the right track if they do.

JetJockey47 06-21-2016 11:06 AM

S7 Successor

No, they were not very open about this other than to say that it was in the works and would be introduced in a little while and we'd be very impressed with the new car. I did attend the Fabulous Ford car show while in the Corona area. They did have a banner posted in their tent that brought attention to this new car. Sorry I don't have any more information for you.

Greg Wackett 06-21-2016 04:00 PM

Its cool, you will like it