The Saleen Forums at soec.org

The Saleen Forums at soec.org (https://saleenforums.soec.org/index.php)
-   Saleen Photo Galleries and Videos (https://saleenforums.soec.org/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Lizstick Red SMS 302 Mustang Convertible (https://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=11249)

fastautos 09-20-2011 04:50 PM

Lizstick Red SMS 302 Mustang Convertible
 
More photos of the Lizstick Red 302 Mustang Convertible that was unveiled at the SMS car show:

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2011/0...g-convertible/

WickedS281SC 09-21-2011 10:46 AM

AMAZING CAR and PAINT !!! But is it just me or are we missing the Blower? And a Saleen/SMS Vert Needs to have a Tonneu Cover am I not right ? :confused:

WickedS281SC 09-21-2011 02:37 PM

These two pics are good for comparison - Notice the Orange Speedster in the background !! That car looks complete, now go back and look at the SMS 302 vert sport the Back Seats, :rolleyes:

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/wp-con...onvertible.jpg

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/wp-con...onvertible.jpg

Werecow 09-21-2011 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastautos (Post 67144)
More photos of the Lizstick Red 302 Mustang Convertible that was unveiled at the SMS car show:

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2011/0...g-convertible/

It has 500 hp naturally aspirated... not sure it needs a blower...lol

Stanghungry 09-21-2011 04:42 PM

believe it or not I would give up my 06 saleen for that vert ...........:eek:

ehinker 09-21-2011 11:10 PM

The speedster cover was not finished yet in time for the show, this week

ehinker 09-21-2011 11:17 PM

The motor is a joint effort between SMS and JDM Engineering, no need for blower on this custom build!

WickedS281SC 09-22-2011 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Werecow (Post 67227)
It has 500 hp naturally aspirated... not sure it needs a blower...lol

Wouldn't the 08 & 09 S302sc's have the same naturally aspirated HP minus their blowers?

fastautos 09-22-2011 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WickedS281SC (Post 67251)
Wouldn't the 08 & 09 S302sc's have the same naturally aspirated HP minus their blowers?

The 302SC motor without the blower was basically the PJ motor, which was 390-400 horsepower. There were very few if any of the old 3V motors that got anywhere close to 500 naturally aspirated.

WickedS281SC 09-22-2011 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastautos (Post 67260)
The 302SC motor without the blower was basically the PJ motor, which was 390-400 horsepower. There were very few if any of the old 3V motors that got anywhere close to 500 naturally aspirated.

So this 302SC Extremes were being listed at 620 hp. So with the above being true that would give the engine minus the blower about 220-230 hp less. Does that sound right to you?

WickedS281SC 09-22-2011 10:24 AM

Great news !!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ehinker (Post 67246)
The speedster cover was not finished yet in time for the show, this week

WOW, that is awesome!! I have been waiting to see a 2010+ vert with that cover! You must post pics of it on from all angles, LOL - I think this will be come my fav 2010+ Saleen/SMS car so far with what I think it it might look like !

SC1039 09-22-2011 12:52 PM

I'd certainly give up my vert for that one. I wonder what the MSRP on that vert was with the Lizstick paint.

Coderedsaleen 09-22-2011 06:36 PM

Not a Saleen but it is a 507 HP N/A 2011 Mustang by JPCracing.com .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdcOqkpKmug

fastautos 09-27-2011 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WickedS281SC (Post 67264)
So this 302SC Extremes were being listed at 620 hp. So with the above being true that would give the engine minus the blower about 220-230 hp less. Does that sound right to you?

Yes, since those motors were putting out 12-15 pounds of boost. Superchargers can easily add 200+ hp to the 3-valve motors. Stock they make around 265 to the wheels, and lots of guys are making 465 rwhp with 10-12 pounds of boost.

ehinker 10-10-2011 09:07 AM

SMS Lizstick with the Speedster cover finished
 
1 Attachment(s)
SMS Speedster

WickedS281SC 10-10-2011 10:41 AM

Sweeeeetttttt !!!
 
Now thats more like it !!! Looks as Great as I thought it would. Do you have more angles of the cover on it ?! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Dave 10-10-2011 11:57 AM

From this angle, looks similar to the 2006-09 cover.

WickedS281SC 10-10-2011 01:05 PM

Yeah thats what I was thinking. However SMS used the 99-04 Light Bar over the 05-09 Style Bar on this vert. Which I think that Bar is slightly smaller, so I was wondering if the front part of it looks diffrent that molds behind the bar. And I am pretty sure it will say SMS on the leather front piece, rather than Saleen.

ehinker 10-10-2011 09:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
http://saleenforums.soec.org/attachm...1&d=1318296814

Saleen12c 10-10-2011 10:38 PM

Drool....That's looks so hot with the tonneau.

WickedS281SC 10-10-2011 11:02 PM

Thanks for the extra pics, it looks great !!! Have u finally taken possession of it? Or are they still using it for promotional purposes?

Coderedsaleen 10-11-2011 10:48 PM

Not liking the tonneau cover. Looks like a remake or one from a 06 model. Not a very innovative new look for SMS other then changing the leather cover to reflect the SMS name.

00_ExtrmRnbw 10-11-2011 11:53 PM

That thing looks amazing..... DROOOOOOL

WickedS281SC 10-11-2011 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coderedsaleen (Post 68432)
Not liking the tonneau cover. Looks like a remake or one from a 06 model. Not a very innovative new look for SMS other then changing the leather cover to reflect the SMS name.

U could also say the same thing with the side skirts and the light bar and the wing looks very similar as well. Not to mention the wheels look like the past model 5 spoke saleens with a diffrent wheel cap. But overall the car looks great.

NeoS281 10-12-2011 05:32 PM

That thing is dead sexy! The only mod I would do is change out the chevrons for the 05-09 chevrons.

Werecow 10-13-2011 11:39 AM

Isn't the wing like a Steve Saleen "trademark" thing anyway?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:09 AM.