The Saleen Forums at soec.org

The Saleen Forums at soec.org (https://saleenforums.soec.org/index.php)
-   Saleen Enthusiast News (https://saleenforums.soec.org/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Steve Saleen Honored with Lee Iacocca Award at Mustangs Northwest Roundup (https://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=5579)

Saleen Forums News 07-19-2009 02:53 AM

Steve Saleen Honored with Lee Iacocca Award at Mustangs Northwest Roundup

1 Attachment(s)
Bellevue, Washington -- July 18, 2009 -- SOEC Exclusive -- by Jim Dvorak

In a hotel atrium full of Mustang enthusiasts gathered for the 29th annual banquet of the Mustangs Northwest Roundup, a very surprised Steve Saleen was presented with the prestigious Lee Iacocca award for his "dedication to excellence in perpetuating an american automotive tradition."

Since starting Saleen in 1983, Mr. Saleen has been a significant contributor to the Mustang hobby through is racing, automotive manufacturing and aftermarket parts businesses, as well as his public appearances and interactions with fans.

The trophy was presented jointly by National Parts Depot's Rick Schmidt and Saleen owner and enthusiast Bill Smallwood III, who resides on the organizing commitee of the Mustangs Northwest Roundup.

Steve and Liz Saleen have been attending and supporting the Mustangs Northwest Roundup since 1993, an event which has been known as the "World's largest annual gathering of Mustangs," and is also established as the largest gathering of Saleens year after year. The Mustangs Northwest committee attribute much of their success to the continued support of Mr. and Mrs. Saleen.

Other honors Mr. Saleen has received in the past include being inducted into the Mustang Hall of Fame.

The Lee Iacocca Award was created by the Iacocca Foundation for car clubs and shows to acknowledge car enthusiasts and their passion for maintaining an American tradition. This beautiful award is a one of a kind elegant plaque with a likeness of Lee Iacocca and his signature engraved in gold. The Iacocca Foundation supports Type 1 diabetes research.

Exclusive story Copyright 2009 Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club
Freely distribute with proper credits
Link to this story at: http://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=5579

Left to right, Rick Schmidt, Steve Saleen, Bill Smallwood III

gamera291 07-19-2009 03:06 AM

Congratulations!

67fire 07-19-2009 03:41 AM

Does anybody have any pictures of: "World's largest annual gathering of Mustangs," ? I wish I had known, I could have gotten my Son stationed there to get some. :frown:

Eric

SCMcQueen 07-19-2009 09:23 AM

Hopefully we will see some postings (pics) of Steve interacting with some of the events participants and their cars. Jim and Dave have never let us down before! Certainly wish I could have been there with my Saleen!

Meeker1 07-19-2009 10:58 AM

Keep charging Steve . . . It would really be nice to see Steve Saleen make a visit someday to Minnesota . . We're holding up the name here in Mpls best we can with very little dealer support . . Shelby's all over with Apple Valley Ford representation but unfortunatly no Saleen dealers stepping up . . ; (

D. Meek
Savage, Mn.

Dave 07-19-2009 01:51 PM

Congratulations! :cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67fire (Post 21253)
Does anybody have any pictures of: "World's largest annual gathering of Mustangs?" I wish I had known, I could have gotten my Son stationed there to get some.

We might. Jim might of recruited an official photo taker. Yes, your son would have been an excellent helper.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCMcQueen (Post 21255)
Hopefully we will see some postings (pics) of Steve interacting with some of the events participants and their cars. Jim and Dave have never let us down before! Certainly wish I could have been there with my Saleen!

Wow.

bambusero 07-19-2009 06:39 PM

Congratulations!

meangrn304 07-20-2009 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCMcQueen (Post 21255)

I have some. Other than the SOEC folks that were there setting up, I was the first Saleen to arrive and parked directly across from the SMS booth. A front row seat for the day. If someone can tell me how to post them, I have photos of him signing posters for a very long line of people, a few shots of him arriving in what used to be his daughter's car until it was sold to a fellow WA state resident, and of course him signing the radiator cover of my PJ.

phantm 07-20-2009 11:38 AM

One of the finest

This award was rightfully bestowed on an outstanding individual and family in the automotive industry .
Wishing Steve, Liz and family all the best.

Mary Jo and Frank Segal
2006 S281SC # 1091 Black Coupe
Lic # NAVYF4

Dave 07-20-2009 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meangrn304 (Post 21305)
If someone can tell me how to post them, I have photos...

Private message sent.