The Saleen Forums at soec.org

The Saleen Forums at soec.org (https://saleenforums.soec.org/index.php)
-   2007-2008 S331 Sportruck (https://saleenforums.soec.org/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Truck Driver Wheel Bearing 11,000 miles (https://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=18418)

geostang 11-22-2014 05:19 PM

Truck Driver Wheel Bearing 11,000 miles

The wheels bearing drivers side is shot at 11,000 slow street miles

Won't pass inspection, on jack the wheel will move back and forth on top of tire in and out

Is the wheel bearing a standard ford bearing or a special bearing for the Saleen ?

SSC072 11-22-2014 05:51 PM

If you are talking about the axle bearings on the rear end, the wheel is supposed to move in and out.

seethrough 11-23-2014 12:29 AM

They will be stock ford parts. Saleen changed the springs, sway bar and brakes but all the other suspension is stock ford parts.

geostang 11-23-2014 06:51 AM

Thanks for the replies

FRONT wheel bearing drivers side is the bearing and hub in question, those are stock ford parts ?

Thanks

geostang 11-23-2014 07:18 AM

ok i have been looking at the ford parts manual, it appears that the front brake rotor and hub is all one assembly and that the wheel bearing I am speaking of is in this disc/hub assembly and not service separately.

Meaning the disc/hub unit is to be replaced in order to service the bearing (which comes already in the disc/hub)

So my question becomes, in order to fix this bearing, it appears I have to replace the brake rotor disc hub assembly, all one unit as part numbers go, bearing already installed.

Is this going to be a Ford part since it is also the brake rotor disc ?

saleen56&80 11-23-2014 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geostang (Post 127436)
ok i have been looking at the ford parts manual, it appears that the front brake rotor and hub is all one assembly and that the wheel bearing I am speaking of is in this disc/hub assembly and not service separately.

Meaning the disc/hub unit is to be replaced in order to service the bearing (which comes already in the disc/hub)

So my question becomes, in order to fix this bearing, it appears I have to replace the brake rotor disc hub assembly, all one unit as part numbers go, bearing already installed.

Is this going to be a Ford part since it is also the brake rotor disc ?

Depends on what brakes are on the truck. Stock? Or 15 inch upgrade. Stock front hubs are available at checker,auto zone,Napa, etc... The two piece 15 inch hub and rotors are available at Brake warehouse.

Duvalballer 11-23-2014 04:30 PM

Yes that is correct. It is all one unit as a part. I had to have mine replaced on my 2007 F150 Harley Saleen S/C at 30K miles. Luckily I bout an aftermarket warranty for my truck being that it had such low miles when I bought it and it was covered under the warranty. It is a common problem for the 2007 F150 platform.

Duvalballer 11-23-2014 04:31 PM

It is a Ford part to answer your question, but do you have the 15" brakes up front?

Jim D. 12-11-2014 01:39 AM

Contact Saleen for parts if you still need parts at 714-400-2121 ask for Chris Morales or better yet, email cmorales_at_saleen.com and he should be able to help.

One important factor is the torque... an incredible amount of torque is required for these... there are some other threads about this.

haulin S331 12-11-2014 08:16 AM

At one point there was a recall on those front bergs.