The Saleen Forums at soec.org

The Saleen Forums at soec.org (https://saleenforums.soec.org/index.php)
-   2008-2009 Racecraft Mustang (https://saleenforums.soec.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Where to get service? (https://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=14495)

gbrown56 01-19-2013 02:04 AM

Where to get service?

I recently picked up an 08 420S with 55k. I really like this car. Seems to be in great condition. I would like to find someone to do 50k service on the super charger. Anyone in SO. Orange County. Ca. have any recommendations?

OneQwkStang 01-19-2013 08:30 AM

www.281motorsports.com

Trust nobody else.

Jason @ 281m 01-19-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneQwkStang (Post 96928)
www.281motorsports.com

Trust nobody else.

Thanks Andre!

Gbrown56,

Your in luck! We are the only Saleen Authorized and Reffered Saleen Speedlab center in the country that have the pleasure of rebuilding and doing 40k service maintence of the superchargers. You may not want to bring your credit card to our "Saleen Candy Store" as it usually ends up causing damage to your interest payments. LOL. But in all seriousiness, give us a call and we'll set up an appointment to meet with you and discuss and plan any future mods you may want to do. We will be having an Open House on 2-2-13 and doing a Suspension Q&A and Weight Scaling session FREE!

Congrats on the car purchase!

gbrown56 01-21-2013 01:21 AM

Thanks Guys, Can you give me an idea what it runs ($) to change the oil. How can i check the level? Also is there a place where I can get the Saleen service supplement manual?

Jason @ 281m 01-21-2013 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbrown56 (Post 97043)
Thanks Guys, Can you give me an idea what it runs ($) to change the oil. How can i check the level? Also is there a place where I can get the Saleen service supplement manual?

There's more to the service required then just changing the oil. Without our dipstick system, you have to drain the coolant, remove the alternator, remove the coolant crossover and pull the fill plug. Takes roughly 1.5 hours to complete.

As far as the manual goes, I can email it to you, but it isn't the most correct.

gbrown56 01-23-2013 12:17 AM

Jason, Thanks for the info, I plan on coming to the Open House. I don't need a manual, I was looking for supplement service statement from the dealer when it's bought new. Things that might be different than a normal GT for recommended service, such as supercharger. inter cooler, etc...
Can you give me a rough idea of cost to service?
Thanks again for your help.

Jason @ 281m 01-23-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbrown56 (Post 97169)
Jason, Thanks for the info, I plan on coming to the Open House. I don't need a manual, I was looking for supplement service statement from the dealer when it's bought new. Things that might be different than a normal GT for recommended service, such as supercharger. inter cooler, etc...

$699 for the complete service plus $30 if the bearings need to be replaced.

Jason @ 281m 01-23-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbrown56 (Post 97169)

If your coming to our Suspension Q&A, and Scaling session, please call and RSVP.

#07-0015 01-23-2013 03:46 PM

I drove from Portland, Oregon to have Jason @ 281 do the supercharger service on my 07. I wouldn't go anywhere else. Great people with super service.

Jason @ 281m 01-23-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #07-0015 (Post 97211)
I drove from Portland, Oregon to have Jason @ 281 do the supercharger service on my 07. I wouldn't go anywhere else. Great people with super service.

Thanks! And trust me, we were honored to have you especially since you drove so far to come to us!

Mandolorian 04-16-2013 12:12 PM

I have a 09 and currently have 25k miles. I have been reading/hearing lot of good things about you guys at 281 motorsports. I have thought about having you guys do my service to mine when the time comes, but unfortunately I live in W. Va. and not within driving distance to you guys. Do you recommend anyone closer to where i'm at and if not, how can I go about having you guys do the servicing being that I'm so far away? Thanks in advance

Jason @ 281m 04-16-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandolorian (Post 101655)
I have a 09 and currently have 25k miles. I have been reading/hearing lot of good things about you guys at 281 motorsports. I have thought about having you guys do my service to mine when the time comes, but unfortunately I live in W. Va. and not within driving distance to you guys. Do you recommend anyone closer to where i'm at and if not, how can I go about having you guys do the servicing being that I'm so far away? Thanks in advance

Well thank you for the kind words! You have two options, you could always ship your car to us, it's actually very affordable. Or, Performance Autosport is located in Richmond VA. I believe we have a wider array of parts and if theirs something you want and they don't have it we could always ship it to you/them.

If you have anymore questions, feel free to give me a call!