The Saleen Forums at soec.org

The Saleen Forums at soec.org (https://saleenforums.soec.org/index.php)
-   2005-2009 Saleen Mustang (https://saleenforums.soec.org/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Extended Warranty (https://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=4513)

SoCalSC 02-03-2009 07:24 PM

Extended Warranty

Has anyone purchased an extended warranty to cover their 2005+ S 281? Mine ran out last November, and i'm wondering if/who will allow for a warranty of a modified S281SC

ctann 02-03-2009 08:16 PM

I got the extended warranty from Fidelity Warranty Services - they came highly recommended by a few people. That was with a new car purchase though, not sure if they allow you to add extended warranty coverage at a later date...

Chris.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalSC (Post 14240)
Has anyone purchased an extended warranty to cover their 2005+ S 281? Mine ran out last November, and i'm wondering if/who will allow for a warranty of a modified S281SC

usnis0922 04-19-2009 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctann (Post 14246)
I got the extended warranty from Fidelity Warranty Services - they came highly recommended by a few people. That was with a new car purchase though, not sure if they allow you to add extended warranty coverage at a later date...

Chris.

I also got one but once again new car purchase. I remember dealership said Ford didnt cover the supercharger and with all this crap about noone covering, I was happy to see in the powertrain section that Superchargers are covered!

Big Top Gt 04-20-2009 10:16 AM

It's funny that you're asking this today.

I had someone who was interested in buying my Saleen ask if I can get an extended warranty on the car for him. (He does the paperwork on the car for the amount I'm asking, plus the warranty.)

I called a local ford dealer and they gave me a pretty comprehensive warranty for a blown Saleen of:

1. Less than 40,000 miles - $2100
2. More than 40,000 miles - $2,500

The guy I called's name is Chris at Sawgrass Ford, located in Sunrise, Florida. The only down side is they have to inspect the car before they can write the policy.

I assume any Ford dealer should be able to offer you the same. :)

Hope all this good timing helps. :D

Alan

usnis0922 04-20-2009 04:38 PM

Ya I was referring to my fidelity warranty, $2500 was what it cost me for platinum protection. It even covers if I break down on a trip they pay for lodging and meal expenses!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Top Gt (Post 17804)
It's funny that you're asking this today.

I had someone who was interested in buying my Saleen ask if I can get an extended warranty on the car for him. (He does the paperwork on the car for the amount I'm asking, plus the warranty.)

I called a local ford dealer and they gave me a pretty comprehensive warranty for a blown Saleen of:

1. Less than 40,000 miles - $2100
2. More than 40,000 miles - $2,500

The guy I called's name is Chris at Sawgrass Ford, located in Sunrise, Florida. The only down side is they have to inspect the car before they can write the policy.

I assume any Ford dealer should be able to offer you the same. :)

Hope all this good timing helps. :D

Alan