The Saleen Forums at soec.org

The Saleen Forums at soec.org (https://saleenforums.soec.org/index.php)
-   2008-2009 Racecraft Mustang (https://saleenforums.soec.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Q: Max power? - 420s Racecraft (https://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=12281)

Gearhead 03-03-2012 10:12 PM

Q: Max power? - 420s Racecraft
 
Any one know what our car's (420 s) max horsepower (safe) are able to put at wheel's, some tuner's are telling me 480-490 another is saying 530-550 on stock long block

nbrown89 08-26-2012 10:22 PM

i have a 2009 420. i had it to 560 rwhp and 440 rwtrq before i built the engine. now with a fully built engine iam running 15psi boost from the sc and making 602 rwhp and 547 rwtrq. i did everything tho, heads cams ehaust. about 20k worth of performance

OneQwkStang 08-26-2012 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gearhead (Post 76175)
Any one know what our car's (420 s) max horsepower (safe) are able to put at wheel's, some tuner's are telling me 480-490 another is saying 530-550 on stock long block

Stock 4.6 block???? 500 or under is safe...but even 430 rwhp can break. Safe tune and not over reving is key to keeping it together at any HP level.

Brody 09-09-2012 07:19 AM

Dyno results
 
Just got mine tuned on the dyno yesterday. With off road Basani X pipe and SLP power flo mufflers, cut out air box it brought 430 to rear wheels. The tuner said that the stock 4.6 block doesn't hold up that well above 500 rwhp.

OneQwkStang 09-09-2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brody (Post 90003)
Just got mine tuned on the dyno yesterday. With off road Basani X pipe and SLP power flo mufflers, cut out air box it brought 430 to rear wheels. The tuner said that the stock 4.6 block doesn't hold up that well above 500 rwhp.

Its not the block its the rods....the block will hold more power than you will likely ever want.

Brody 09-09-2012 09:30 AM

Agree with that, when i said "block" i was referring to the stock engine as a whole. Maybe "internals" would have been a better choice of word.

beamncoke04 09-21-2012 05:08 PM

Don't try for too much out of those stock powdered metal rods. I blew mine out of the sides of the block with 4000 miles on my motor. I bought my car in 09 and so called heavy modded it with bolt ons. No good......no good at all. 11psi boost, super shaker, 2.8 pulley, lt headers, and gt500 pumps, with 42lb injectors. And supposivley had a "safe" tune. Hahahaha....right. Puff goes the dragon. Good old 5th gear highway blast. No more warranty. Ford just laughed at me. It was right around 480 to the ground. Ran real good the night it blew up. Lol. Stay under 8 psi, stay under 450 to the ground, stay out of boost in 5th gear going over a hundred. You will be much happier. And not have to build new motor like I did. Motor #2 was insain and not street able. 18-20 psi billet rods, and most aggressive head/cam combo that could be bought, all forged, ported blower, and 2in pulley. 702 on the pavement, and capable of more. But I wouldnt suggest it unless you plan on racing only. My specs were listed on the forum I believe back in late 09-2010 if interested. Would have been more happy with 8psi and my orig motor in tack instead of 28k I spent on rebuild. Just my .02 have a great day and enjoy ur racecraft, I miss mine!!

OneQwkStang 09-21-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beamncoke04 (Post 90641)
Don't try for too much out of those stock powdered metal rods. I blew mine out of the sides of the block with 4000 miles on my motor. I bought my car in 09 and so called heavy modded it with bolt ons. No good......no good at all. 11psi boost, super shaker, 2.8 pulley, lt headers, and gt500 pumps, with 42lb injectors. And supposivley had a "safe" tune. Hahahaha....right. Puff goes the dragon. Good old 5th gear highway blast. No more warranty. Ford just laughed at me. It was right around 480 to the ground. Ran real good the night it blew up. Lol. Stay under 8 psi, stay under 450 to the ground, stay out of boost in 5th gear going over a hundred. You will be much happier. And not have to build new motor like I did. Motor #2 was insain and not street able. 18-20 psi billet rods, and most aggressive head/cam combo that could be bought, all forged, ported blower, and 2in pulley. 702 on the pavement, and capable of more. But I wouldnt suggest it unless you plan on racing only. My specs were listed on the forum I believe back in late 09-2010 if interested. Would have been more happy with 8psi and my orig motor in tack instead of 28k I spent on rebuild. Just my .02 have a great day and enjoy ur racecraft, I miss mine!!

Under load full boost at WOT in 5th gear......?? Thats why you blew your engine.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:04 AM.