The Saleen Forums at soec.org

The Saleen Forums at soec.org (https://saleenforums.soec.org/index.php)
-   2007-2008 Harley-Davidson F-150 (https://saleenforums.soec.org/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Troyer or JDM??? (https://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=5784)

GunzNSkoal 08-04-2009 10:43 PM

Troyer or JDM???

Hi, as some of you may know I have a 2008 HD/Saleen and I'm thinking about getting either the JDM or Troyer Stage I kit with dynatech headers. I'm just looking for as many opinions as possible due to the fact that I dont know too much about performance mods for my truck. I have this same thread on NHTOC but I thought I'd see if I could get some other opinions from this site.

Well I'm looking forward too everyones input!

Thanks Alot I appreicate anyone helping out,

GunzNSkoal...

Richard_P_Harvey 08-05-2009 03:51 PM

You in good hands with either company and the end result will be mostly the same as well. The Troyer kit looks less stock in that Mike uses an after market style air feed system, I think from Air Raid. The JDM kit uses a Roush design so it ends up looking very stock although the air box itself is huge. The price difference between the two kits has narrowed as Mike raised his and Jim at JDM lowered his. I have the JDM stage II kit on my truck and it's fantastic. I went with the JDM kit because I like the stock look but I was a little concerned about the tune, which is the most important part. But the first tune I got was perfect....

GunzNSkoal 08-05-2009 04:52 PM

Thanks for your input! What did your stage II kit consist of?

GunzNSkoal...

Richard_P_Harvey 08-05-2009 10:05 PM

3" pulley Vs. the standard 3.25", a shorter belt and a very advanced tune.

GunzNSkoal 08-05-2009 10:14 PM

How is the tune that JDM sent you? Did it work well? I'm affriad because I dont live near them, I live down south in Miami and I'm not going to be able to get my truck dynoed by them... How does your truck shift??? And do you have the dynatech headers?? Do you have the saleen S331 or HD?

Sorry bout all the questions but I'm trying to get the most information I can before I make the purchase...

Richard_P_Harvey 08-06-2009 08:51 AM

Like I said to too was a little worried about the tune but that was all for nothing as the very first tune they provided was awesome. When I purchased the kit I spoke directly with Jim Jr. and he told me they would work with me if I did not like the first tune and would send me as many as needed until I was happy.

I power curve is spot on, shifting is very firm anytime you're in the power but not "hard" when you're just driving around town. Compared to the stock Saleen tune this is 100% better. My truck is an 08 Lincoln Mark LT that I bolted the Saleen SC to and yes I do have Dynatech longtubes, magnaflow high flow cats and magnaflow dual exhaust. My truck has been dyno'd and I hit 502 RWHP and did not need to do an upgraded fuel pump.

JimIII@JDM 08-06-2009 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard_P_Harvey (Post 22385)
Like I said to too was a little worried about the tune but that was all for nothing as the very first tune they provided was awesome. When I purchased the kit I spoke directly with Jim Jr. and he told me they would work with me if I did not like the first tune and would send me as many as needed until I was happy.

I power curve is spot on, shifting is very firm anytime you're in the power but not "hard" when you're just driving around town. Compared to the stock Saleen tune this is 100% better. My truck is an 08 Lincoln Mark LT that I bolted the Saleen SC to and yes I do have Dynatech longtubes, magnaflow high flow cats and magnaflow dual exhaust. My truck has been dyno'd and I hit 502 RWHP and did not need to do an upgraded fuel pump.

Thanks!
:biggrin:

GunzNSkoal 08-06-2009 04:28 PM

Does your kit give out more power then any other companies kit?

GunzNSkoal 08-10-2009 04:28 PM

Anyone else have any input?

Richard_P_Harvey 08-12-2009 12:14 PM

Form what I have heard the Troyer kit and the JDM kit produce nearly the same HP. As far as the tune I can only speak to the JDM tune but I have never heard any issues with people that went with the Troyer kit. Like many here I too spoke at length with Mike Troyer and he is VERY knowledgeable and knows this truck better than many. Either way you're really going to dig the way the truck responds.

Oh yeah, one more point on those Dynatech headers.....If you go with a good cat back exhaust it will logically have a 3" entrance into the muffler. The Dynatech "Y" pipe is a nice quality part BUT it drops the size down from 2x2.5" to 1x2.5" which creates a serious restriction. What Mike Troyer suggested to me was to "swedge" out the 2 1/2" section to make it 3", but my muffler guy did not think the stainless could handle it without damage. So what he did was to cut back the "Y" to a point just where the 2 feed pipes meet and that very area is just over 3", he then added a section of stainless to join the cut "Y" with the muffler input and that solved the problem. Prior to doing this mod I was able to easily hear the air rushing past that short 2 1/2 section but now that sound is gone. You may want to consider something like that to make sure you have good flow with no funky size changes....

DAVESIKE 08-16-2009 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunzNSkoal (Post 22570)
Anyone else have any input?

I personally used jdm on my 281 and car runs great..jr is completly helpful and will answer any and all questions..They are really professional ..go wit jdm..