The Saleen Forums at soec.org

The Saleen Forums at soec.org (https://saleenforums.soec.org/index.php)
-   South (https://saleenforums.soec.org/forumdisplay.php?f=118)
-   -   6th Annual Gullo Ford Weekend May 8-10, Conroe (Houston area) TX!! (https://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=18975)

joesgt281 03-26-2015 09:16 AM

6th Annual Gullo Ford Weekend May 8-10, Conroe (Houston area) TX!!

1 Attachment(s)
**RESCHEDULED FROM APRIL 10-12 DUE TO WEATHER**

Hey Saleen-fiends, whose ready to start getting out with your fellow Saleen-brethren this year? Our usual kick-off, as will be again this year, is the Gullo 6th Annual All-Ford Car Show, hosted by the Northside Mustang Car Club on May 9. Located at Gullo Ford in Conroe, TX, NMCC and the great folks at Gullo pull out the stops to make this a great event.

This year will include trophys for 1st and 2nd place in many categories. Gullo is providing free burgers and sodas as has been their generous history. The show will run from 9am to 4pm. Registration cuts off at noon and is $25. Gullo Ford is located at 925 I-45 North in Conroe, Tx on the north side of Houston.

This has traditionally been the big event for the Houston area for the year, normally drawing over 20 fine Saleens from all over the state. This year we’re bringing back the multi-day/multi-event concept called the Gullo Ford Weekend! We will have organized dinners, a piney-woods cruise, and possibly other events.

This years event is going to follow the same format of the GFWs in the past with a fun-filled itinerary (Apr 10-12):

Friday Nite: Meet and greet Dinner
Saturday: Gullo All-Ford Car Show
Saturday Nite: Drinks and Dinner
Sunday: Piney Woods Cruise/Fantastic Gullo Museum Tour

Our great host hotel for the 2013 Nationals, the Holiday Inn Express in Conroe, will once again host us for our Gullo Ford Weekend!
For reservations call 936-788-5200.
We've got a block of rooms, both Queen doubles, and Kings, for $104.95/night.
Our reservation code is "SALEENCLUB"
They feature a great complimentary breakfast.
The hotel is located just up the freeway from Gullo Ford so it will be convenient to everything, including excellent dining options.
It's located at 2240 Stoneside, Conroe, TX 77303

A great event deserves a great flyer....

Big thanks to Scott for putting together a beautiful flyer for this years event! (See attached)

Scott's heading over on Saturday morning from the Austin area and offered to lead a group over:
"I'll be going to Houston from Round Rock on Saturday morning...if anyone wants to drive with me we can do that. It will be early. I'll post up details when I get them."

Anybody else willing to lead groups in, either Friday or Saturday? Let me know and I'll get the word out.

99SALEEN/COBRA 03-26-2015 12:20 PM

Count me in

joesgt281 03-26-2015 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99SALEEN/COBRA (Post 130842)
Count me in

Now you just have to decide how many to bring!

99SALEEN/COBRA 03-26-2015 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joesgt281 (Post 130843)
Now you just have to decide how many to bring!

Might just be able to take the Saleen/Cobra since both of the other Saleen's are not done yet :(

joesgt281 03-27-2015 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99SALEEN/COBRA (Post 130846)
Might just be able to take the Saleen/Cobra since both of the other Saleen's are not done yet :(

Well I appreciate you buying that one back just so you can participate in the event!

joesgt281 04-28-2015 12:23 AM

Friends,
In less than 2 weeks, the rescheduled first big Saleen event for the year in Texas is back on!
This is Houston's big event for the year and one of several must-do events for Saleen owners in Texas.

The agenda for the weekend long event is the same as before, with exception of the Gullo Museum tour as previously announced:

Friday Nite: Meet and greet Dinner
Saturday: Gullo All-Ford Car Show
Saturday Nite: Drinks and Dinner
Sunday: Piney Woods Cruise and Farewell Lunch

And in BIG NEWS.....each participant will receive a special gift courtesy of Molly Saleen and Saleen Inc!

Anybody willing to lead groups in, either Friday or Saturday? Let me know and I'll get the word out.

Our great host hotel for the 2013 Nationals, the Holiday Inn Express in Conroe, will once again host us for our Gullo Ford Weekend!
For reservations call 936-788-5200.
We've got a block of rooms for April 10 and 11, both Queen doubles, and Kings, for $104.95/night.
The hotel is located just up the freeway from Gullo Ford so it will be convenient to everything, including excellent dining options.

EXTREME12 04-28-2015 10:03 AM

I might be able to attend, but the only thing is my car is down for a head repair. Hopefully it can be finished by that time.

EXTREME12 04-29-2015 12:56 PM

It is done, i already booked the hotel for friday night. I will only be there friday night and saturday. Unfortunately my car will probably not be ready for the show.

joesgt281 04-29-2015 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EXTREME12 (Post 131670)
It is done, i already booked the hotel for friday night. I will only be there friday night and saturday. Unfortunately my car will probably not be ready for the show.

Great you can make it!
Not that it's necessary to participate, but not clear...are you bringing the car or not?

EXTREME12 04-29-2015 11:25 PM

It depends if I get the head back from the shop and get the car back together in time. It's still up in the air right now.

joesgt281 05-05-2015 09:36 AM

It's just about here!!!
Finally getting to get together with all the cool Saleen peeps at the first Saleen get-together for Texas this year!
The weather looks a little iffy, but who cares....they get wet when you wash them anyway!
Not to mention, Texas weathermen have been close to 100% wrong this year anyway.
So let's get as many as we can out for this so we can take home (again!), the club participation award at the car show on Saturday!!
Please give me an idea of your itinerary so we can get a head count for our various activities.
And if you're coming in from out of town, and want to cruise in with others, let me know and I'll try to get yall together.

Friday Night: 3:00pm to ? (Happy hour starts)
Gary K and I will be there early so come one, come all!
http://www.pallottasmexgrill.com/
2211 Rayford Road, Suite 119
Spring, TX 77386
281-362-1114

Saturday Day: 9:00am-4:00pm
Gullo Ford Car Show!!!
Registration 9am to Noon
925 I-45 North
Conroe, TX 77301
$25 Registration Fee
www.gulloford.com

Saturday Night: 5:00pm-?
After the show peeps will head to the dinner from Gullo.
http://www.texasroadhouse.com/restau...s/texas/Conroe
2230 Interstate 45 North
Conroe, TX 77301
ph: 936-494-4090

Slip-n-slide 7:30-? (After-party!!)
Followers from the Roadhouse to Gary & Betsy's house in Spring, just south of the Woodlands (map to be provided)!

Sunday Piney Woods Cruise & Brunch: 9:30-1:30
What better way to spend Mother's Day than with your mom and/or honey cruising in your Saleen! Meet at Texas Roadhouse parking lot (see link above) at 9:30am, pass out route maps, flowers to Moms and discuss route. Leave by 10:00am

Brunch:
Original Super Burger
20555 FM 1488 Rd # 1C Magnolia, TX 77355
(281) 259-8816

BIG thanks to Gary K for doing all the real planning for this weekends event!!

And don't forget we've got a block of rooms at the Holiday Inn Express in Conroe.
For reservations call 936-788-5200. We've got a block of rooms for $104.95/night.

joesgt281 05-06-2015 02:37 PM

Hey folks....Daniel & Jorge are going to cruise up to the show on Saturday from the Starbuck's at Uptown Park (Galleria Area). Anybody wanting to join them should be there BEFORE 8:30 to be there for roll-out.

1151-12 Uptown Park Blvd, Houston

joesgt281 05-08-2015 10:06 AM

In just a few hours we're kicking off the long-awaited Gullo Ford Weekend!
Yall have seen the exciting itinerary above, and the meet-up details for the Houston locals.
It looks like the weather is going to be great, with no more than 20% chance of rain on all 3 days!
Oh and don't forget, Molly has sent along something special for all who attend.
If anybody needs help along the way, don't hesitate to call me at 832-687-000Nine
Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Joe