The Saleen Forums at soec.org

The Saleen Forums at soec.org (https://saleenforums.soec.org/index.php)
-   2018-Present Saleen STX Sportruck (https://saleenforums.soec.org/forumdisplay.php?f=131)
-   -   New Saleen SporTrucks (https://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=22244)

Saleen Forums Admin 12-19-2018 12:06 AM

New Saleen SporTrucks

7 Attachment(s)
From Saleen Automotive.

Ford of Murfreesboro has this group of trucks on the way to add to their inventory of S302's and trucks already there. Check them out in Tennessee, they can take care of your Saleen needs in time for Christmas!

[Source: Saleen Automotive]

haulin S331 12-20-2018 08:07 AM

Would love to see reg. cab trucks. :smile:

Saleen Forums News 06-20-2019 01:14 PM

4 Attachment(s)
From Saleen Automotive.

Building Red Hott performance machines.

Saleen Forums News 06-20-2019 04:31 PM

10 Attachment(s)
From Saleen Automotive.

A few more pics of the latest SporTruck to roll out of the shop. She was born a little thirsty!

39Mustang 07-02-2019 07:39 AM

I was seriously wanting to buy a new performance F150 being a current owner of a 2004 Lightning and seems Ford only cares about building Raptors so I was waiting for the Shelby F150 Super Snake as I knew the truck was coming long before they unveiled it but as soon as I found out that the entire truck was being built by Tuscany I no longer wanted one and $100k+ for a Shelby Super Snake F150 where only the badges are the only thing Shelby umm I'll pass.

Then I hear Saleen is gonna bring back their Sport Truck great news then I see it and not so excited anymore. My issue is the front grille/valance looks like it was rushed to get finished as the design and looks doesn't say **** this is bad ***. Its an F150 not a Mustang so why try to copy the looks. I'd like to see the valance/bumper cover have more function instead of large plastic mesh that serves no purpose other than preventing sucking in road kill. A splitter would be nice, custom LED lightning as there are a few companies who make custom grilles with LED lighting. I would have done a grille like the Raptors that instead of FORD its SALEEN.

I know the performance is there just needs a new body kit.

And PLEASE get rid of the 5 star wheel design it went out in the early 2000's

Saleen Forums News 07-02-2019 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 39Mustang (Post 148360)
Then I hear Saleen is gonna bring back their Sport Truck great news then I see it and not so excited anymore. My issue is the front grille/valance looks like it was rushed to get finished as the design and looks doesn't say **** this is bad ***. Its an F150 not a Mustang so why try to copy the looks. I'd like to see the valance/bumper cover have more function instead of large plastic mesh that serves no purpose other than preventing sucking in road kill. A splitter would be nice, custom LED lightning as there are a few companies who make custom grilles with LED lighting. I would have done a grille like the Raptors that instead of FORD its SALEEN.

Truck is available in a Yellow Label.

haulin S331 11-19-2019 07:56 AM

Love those reg. cab trucks.:biggrin::biggrin:

haulin S331 02-04-2020 09:06 AM

Anyone here bought a New one yet ?:rolleyes:

39Mustang 02-05-2020 04:36 PM

Sorry but the frontend doesn't scream Performance or **** look at me! There is a whole lotta wasted Grille space down below that could be used my lower driving lights and brake cooling ducts. The NEW Shelby F150 2-door says Holy S*** this is awesome so if I was inside the Saleen Design Team I would revamp the trucks

haulin S331 02-06-2020 07:20 AM

Your right about the lower front end, needs to be redone styling.

Plwtwo 04-01-2020 06:15 PM

19-14 owner

haulin S331 04-02-2020 09:21 AM

good to see a new one, good luck. Power in the Hands of a FEW.:smile::smile:

Saleen Forums Admin 04-02-2020 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plwtwo (Post 149623)
19-14 owner

Congratulations on your purchase! :smile:

siapin 05-20-2020 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haulin S331 (Post 149383)
Anyone here bought a New one yet ?:rolleyes:

This is Sunday in Napa on my way back home to OC with my new XR

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Nw...-no?authuser=0

Plwtwo 05-21-2020 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 39Mustang (Post 149385)
Sorry but the frontend doesn't scream Performance or **** look at me! There is a whole lotta wasted Grille space down below that could be used my lower driving lights and brake cooling ducts. The NEW Shelby F150 2-door says Holy S*** this is awesome so if I was inside the Saleen Design Team I would revamp the trucks

But I don’t think the Shelbys look good, if I wanted a Shelby mustang I’d buy one not a truck that looks like a mustang.:eek: I think the Sportruck looks good the way they are I will agree the lower front valance is big but I like it. In fact I wouldn’t have bought one if it didn’t have the full “aero” package. And I’m sure the people who have bought the XR or the 2wd without the package like it that way. :biggrin:

Plwtwo 05-21-2020 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siapin (Post 149845)
This is Sunday in Napa on my way back home to OC with my new XR

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Nw...-no?authuser=0

Congrats. Enjoy! P2

Plwtwo 05-21-2020 12:14 AM

They look nothing like the ‘80’s-‘90’s 5 stars. Oh and they’re 6 spoke! ;)

Dave 05-21-2020 12:32 AM

Enjoy your new XR.

(I cannot see photo.)

siapin 05-21-2020 08:14 AM

Thanks. It's an awesome truck. I love that nobody knows what it is, always best to keep people wondering.

Not too happy that I have to get supercharger installed after the sale, dealer says they can't sell vehicles with an sc per state law. I have to take it into Saleen, hopefully I can get them to answer their phone one day!

Does this show the picture? Sorry, i'm new here.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/KCTGA2esDvf6iZ1r7

Plwtwo 05-21-2020 01:11 PM

Saleen is running on a skeleton crew right now so may take some time for them to get going again.
I’d be interested in hearing more about the dealer saying they can’t sell vehicles with superchargers, I’ve never heard that before, but I’m not on the west coast.
And no we can’t see your pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

siapin 05-21-2020 04:29 PM

I went in to Saleen on Monday. The purchaser at Saleen told me that it's normal for Washington and California to require sc install after purchase. That's about all I know about missing superchargers!

The dealer gave me a bill of goods owed to me, I wasn't about to leave without something in hand.

Sorry for the pic, still haven't figured out how to attach....how about now?
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/2V...-no?authuser=0

https://photos.app.goo.gl/17UNNvScP9Pp3HzR7

Plwtwo 06-18-2020 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 39Mustang (Post 148360)
I was seriously wanting to buy a new performance F150 being a current owner of a 2004 Lightning and seems Ford only cares about building Raptors so I was waiting for the Shelby F150 Super Snake as I knew the truck was coming long before they unveiled it but as soon as I found out that the entire truck was being built by Tuscany I no longer wanted one and $100k+ for a Shelby Super Snake F150 where only the badges are the only thing Shelby umm I'll pass.

And PLEASE get rid of the 5 star wheel design it went out in the early 2000's

With Shelby not being an independent company now really kinda loses the luster to me. Now it’s just another regular Ford like the Raptor. Saleen and Roush are the only real suppliers/builders now. If the Raptor was more limited I’d probably bought one in ‘17 or ‘18. Thankfully I didn’t because I always wanted another Saleen and missed the few s331 crews in a color I’d take, and I refused to buy black-had a black Saleen fox in early-mid ‘90’s. I actually looked at a black blk level with everything Ford and/or Saleen has for a stupid low price, and it looked awesome, just couldn’t do it. My white SC doesn’t have all the options I really wanted but it spoke to me! LoL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk