The Saleen Forums at soec.org

The Saleen Forums at soec.org (https://saleenforums.soec.org/index.php)
-   2005-2009 Saleen Mustang (https://saleenforums.soec.org/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Dynojet Dyno-Breenspeed Stage 3 Kit (https://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=10875)

mdctiburon 07-31-2011 09:12 PM

Dynojet Dyno-Breenspeed Stage 3 Kit

Ok guys I need your help. I am scheduled to do 3 dyno jet dyno pulls with data logging this Saturday. I am curious if anyone has the expected rwhp or if anyone has the same mods what your rwhp was. The shop doing the dyno also does custom tunes. Thats why I am curious of what everyone else with like mods are putting down.

Brensped Stage 3 kit includes kb bap, 3.4 pulley, hto gapped at .032, & Brenspeed mail order tune.

Thanks Guys!!!!!!!

08DANGURNEY 07-31-2011 09:18 PM

430 to 460 to the wheels is what you should see. the brenspeed stage 3 tune should be at 11.7 afr and it all depends on temps and make sure the bap is turned all the way to the right to be on full time. i have their stage 3 tune and a custom tune from fastlane in NC. I have the 3.4 pulley, frpp cai, and kb bap. netted me 467 to the wheels and 430 lbs of trq to the wheels. Im hoping to get another dyno to see what the brenspeed tune will put down.

08DANGURNEY 07-31-2011 09:23 PM

which CAI do you have?

mosaleen 07-31-2011 10:45 PM

If you are going to PAS , Mark Lamskin see if he has one of our Mosaleen idler systems. Ask Kevin how they work.... on the 3.40 S/C pulleys usually gain 25 rwhp the smaller the S/C pulley the more gains in hp/tq.
If its a dyno jet without the software upgrade you will read hi on hp then a Mustang dyno. Good luck on the dyno I took a spray bottle (pump up ones) with ice in it and sprayed my heat exchanger to bring temps. to it would be if driving down the street even with the fan on. Worked very well Keep the temps below 125 degrees.

mdctiburon 08-01-2011 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08DANGURNEY (Post 63961)
which CAI do you have?

I have the Steeda CAI from the Brenspeed Stage 3 kit

Blue Vue 08-01-2011 07:08 PM

definitely look into the mosaleen idler system, you dont know your belt is slipping until you see it on your dyno chart. One of my best modifications to my car. Im runnimg the 3.2 pulley btw

08DANGURNEY 08-01-2011 10:27 PM

the mosaleen idler is something to look into from what i heard anything smaller than the 3.2 then its good to have. some with the 3.4 see some slipping others dont. i know mine doesnt but im looking at getting it this year as a xmas present to myself possibly along with some other stuff hehe

Jon 08-01-2011 10:54 PM

I have the Brenspeed Stage 3 kit w/ the Steeda CAI and 3.4 pulley as well... On Brenspeeds dyno at their old building when the kit was installed it put down 429 RWHP / 438 RWTQ and they used an SAE Correction Factor but it put down 446 / 455 on a dyno with STD Correction Factor which seems to show more than SAE (JDM uses STD)

Meikol02 08-02-2011 02:18 PM

yeah what they said...I had ~450 (STD) with the 3.4 on a JDM tune.

You will notice the belt slipping when you upgrade your clutch. You will need to by the way if you haven't already. Mine was slipping some with the 3.4 then really started to slip when I went to the 3.2. New clutch and now the belt slips! I have a mosaleen tensioner waiting on the bench to go on to cure that issue.

Jason @ 281m 08-02-2011 04:15 PM

We proudly support/sell the MoSaleen systems to our customers! We had a customer come in last week with a very popular tensioner on his car, and his alternater shaft was bent and damaged the brushes internally. More tension is not the answer, better belt wrap is. :cool:

mdctiburon 08-06-2011 06:39 PM

Finally getting around to posting results from dyno runs. Best run was 464.8rwhp & 443.9ft lbs. One word of warning for anyone running Brenspeed Stage 3 tune starting around 5850 rpm's starting running a little lean(12.5) was able to set fuel rate on sct to 4.0 which got it down to 11.5 & of course made it even better the rest of the way around. Also did data logging on all 3 pulls & just a little fyi for everyone i have a kbbap & fuel pump cycle never went above 42% even at wide open throttle even as high as 6krpms only time it went higher was at red line when letting off accelerator it went to 75%. My point being to me it seems the kbbap seems to be a great alternative to the GT500 setup. Willie at dirty racing(bedford, va) said that he wouldn't be afraid to even drop one more pulley size & re data log to see what the fuel pump cycle was to see if it was anywhere near max. However, I do have to admit that even he said he is not a fan of the kbbap & he also prefers the GT500 setup over the kbbap. When I can get a chance I will be posting the graph of all 3 runs with a/f's by rpm as well for runs. Thanks for all of your help on this guys!!!!!! :biggrin:

Stanghungry 08-06-2011 08:04 PM

First, I would say I would never ever let PAS touch my car ever again. I am running the 60LB injectors, 3.0 pulley and gt500 full pumps and I have the saleen extreme CAI. I also have the mo saleen adler pulley setup which helps keep the belt from slipping........

08DANGURNEY 08-07-2011 01:14 AM

congrats on the numbers look good for a stage 3 set up