View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018
SOEC Member

Default Saleen 6.5 Supercharger

For those of you who have never seen or heard of the 6.5 Supercharger here are some photos and information on these units
I believe they were made in 2009 and not many units were actually produced in all my years involved with Saleen this is the only complete unit I have come across and has taken me all that time to assemble these pieces.
he main body of the supercharger is in 2 pieces, not sure of the advantage except would be easier to port and polish.
The Top Lid is also in 2 pieces, the top is much more streamline and does away with the center bolt just behind the throttle body. The panel that covers inter-cooler is the same piece as used on Super Shaker system.
Lastly the cooling crossover manifold has the thermostat housing in a better position, although it lacks a bleeder fitting with I fit in the opposite corner to the thermostat.
The Top Lids and Crossover manifolds were available through Saleen in the early years unsure about now, I have the crossover manifolds fitted to all our Saleens. Also the Top Lid to the Extreme and Race Car.
Attached Images

2008 Extreme S302E #02 RHD Saleen Demo/Press
Parnelli Jones #45 Super Shaker RHD
Parnelli Jones #46 Super Shaker RHD
Parnelli Jones #407 Super Shaker RHD (SOLD)
'06 GT Coupe "Saleen Racer" RHD
1970 GT-HO Falcon Phase 2 Owned since new
1966 Shelby GT-350 LHD
1965 TBird Conv. 429SCJ Drag Pak 4 speed