View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018
Saleen Forums Participant

Nice! Similar setup. There are only two brackets with the original and the one purchased on eBay. The one with the "long arms" locates in the rear, the short one in the front. There exactly the same as the original one has same part numbers stamped on the brackets.

As far as the bolts, I used the ones that came with the original since the "new" base kit is a NOS "New old stock". The The only stainless bolts, washers, and nylon lock nuts I had to purchase were for the ram air tube since it has a slightly different connection to the base the original one. I can't remember the exact thickness of the bolts, but they were slightly thicker than a 2" sheetrock screw in diameter. I want to say 3/16" by 1-1/2". The only thing I would change in that pic is to install the gasket that came with the base you purchased. This way you will minimize any unwanted underhood heat reaching the CAI and raising you IAT's where it could negatively affect engine performance.

I really didn't take any pics, since it was literally, "plug and play" other than modifying the ram air tube to fit the stainless CAI Box. Getting the hole location was a little difficult at first, but the gasket gives a little room for error so to speak.
I hope this helps.
1967 GT Fastback