View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010

I bought a used techo watts link with a stripped out screw (unknowingly of ALL this info you have here). So when the my tuner was installing it and telling me about the issue I did research and wound up here, and other places aswell. You guys have a done a fairly impressive job documenting this and sticking together. Originally I was curious if you could just use a helacoil on this and fix it with a different bolt. My tuner wound up putting a sleeve insert into mine to fix it. We will see how she fares. It had no noticeable play or rattle, just figure I would pass along the info. One thing my tuner told me was that the Techo uses the heim joints for the arms and he said he has read where racers will change those out after only a few races, he might have said 10, I can't remember though. So what would my course be to get new heim jointed arms since Techo is out of business? Great job again on the detail of this write up and has possibly saved me from getting into serious trouble in a turn and has brought some awareness for me to pay attention to that area.