View Single Post
Old 04-11-2017
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Happy days! The Saleen is running again!I got everything buttoned up on sunday and it fired right up, it ran a bit rough until all air was out of the fuel rails and then purred like her old self!

Had one leak, the good old intercooler pump, it's seeping coolant out of the impeller seal, grrr. So not wanting to buy a new pump I did some research from old threads and the seal is available from any pump dealer that carries oberhofer pumps. Hopefully I can get it by friday and get it swapped out.

I stumbled across a thread over on SVT about bogging under WOT with a stick car that is caused by the returnless fuel system and/or the computer.
What happens is everytime you get on and off gas during WOT the computer is raising and then lowering fuel pressure so quickly that the car bogs when you hit the next gear and mat the pedal.
This can also blow out the fuel pressure sensor on the fuel rail and leave you stranded.
There are two steps to the fix, sometimes the first step will be an improvement and it will be enough. It's a fuel pressure sensor antiblow out disc and it goes under the sensor. See pics. LFP sells them for $16 and has them on ebay.
The second part to eliminate bog entirely is a PPRV delete in the fuel pump nest. This valve is what holds fuel pressure when you shut car off. You can search SVT for more details.
My intercooler stuck out a bit as the LFP one is a bit longer and thicker, so I trimmed the foam bumper piece and walla, it works,lol
No holes come in the LFP cooler, so it took some time to mock things up drill, test fit and repeat. All in all it went well with no surprises.

Changed rad hoses as well and oil/filter. rearend fluid isgetting changed out as well.
Enjoy the pics!
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170408_112814_resized.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	21888

Name:	20170409_112622_resized.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	21889