View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008
Saleen Forums Participant

So I spent about 45 minutes on the phone with Mike Troyer yesterday and like others here I agree he is a great guy and VERY knowledgeable. Mostly he impressed me with his willingness to share and low key selling style.

So here I am now looking at the JDM kit and the Troyer kit. Jim III has a new price of $1600 and Mike has a new price of $1200. Jim's new price is a drop and Mike's is an increase of $200 however Mike's kit is still $400 (or 25%) less expensive. Mike provides 3 tunes and JDM only provides one. They both claim however that they will work with the customer on multiple tunes until happy. The JDM kit looks far more stock due to the use of the Roush air assembly and I like that. In that they both use the same size pulley my guess is the increase in HP and TQ should be in the same ballpark. Mike claims he can eliminate all of the shifting issues, surging and spark blow out. He also claims that he is able to tighten up the shifting to a great degree short of the valve body sway.

I'm hopeful other here can fill in the blanks for me so I can understand if the extra $400 is worth is or if we need to tell Jim that a $300 drop in price was not enough.