View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazoo DUDE View Post
Hi Dave:

You seem to know your stuff on these cars. It is 11 of 31 white label with bare bones but still cool and still a saleen! The engine mods to get to 440HP sounds like head work CAI of some kind and a tuner. Anything else like pulleys etc...? Also the work order shows dual exhaust with High performance mufflers. How far back did they go? Axle or CAT back? The car does seem to sit lower then the silly 4X4 stock but it is the S1 (starter kit) so springs, bushings and links? I wonder if it is lowered with a panhard thingy or what all that suspension upgrade entails. They seem to be minimalists when it comes to the info on the SMS sticker. Maybe because that is all it has :) So any light you can shed would be great thank YOU.
Hi Mark. I believe you and John are correct with your statements regarding the White Label model.

The power increase was achieved by an air filter, a premium fuel tune, 39lb fuel injectors (maybe) and cat-back exhaust.

The suspension consisted of "S4" springs (these may be silver in color), upgrade bushings, and sway bar end links.

Sometimes, the Saleen rear wing was mentioned as an option. Recently it was listed as a "delete" option. I have not seen a White Label without a wing. I might be mistaken, but I believe I have seen one White Label with an OE Ford rear wing.

The aftermarket parts department sold "cat-back" exhaust systems from the 2011 model run. I would "guess" the White Label ran the same systems as the upper models.

I would not expect an upgrade panhard bar.

The appearance upgrades are the front grill, rear taillight panel, rear spoiler, front and rear emblems, fender emblems, windshield banner and championship wreath.

Interior upgrades are the center horn logo emblem, 302 floor mats and shift knob. The early White Label cars do not feature the logoed headrest.

The White Label was a low cost Boss 302 alternative. The package was announced as a 2012 addition, but as you know these were produced on 2011 Mustangs as well. In 2012 and 2013 it appears the White Label package had a tendency to find their way onto very bare-bones Mustang GTs.

As you may know. Your Mustang GT is not bare-bones with regards to the equipment from Ford.

If you're looking for upgrades. Consider shopping for remaining overstock of the Saleen/Stoptech 14" rotors and 4-piston calipers.

When you fall into play money and if you bond with your car... I would consider the complete Black Label exterior styling kit.