View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011
SOEC Member

Default SCOA Nationals - Agenda - A can't miss event!

Wish you could make it Greg, but enjoy those years when you kids are little. I just went out with my oldest Saturday night as she turned 21 at midnight! Closed down the bars with her and her friends!

We have a great weekend planned. An informal gathering Thursday evening for those early arrivals, then the fun starts Friday. We've got a GREAT cruise planned through southeastern Indiana's hills, valleys and finally, along the Ohio River. Lunch will be at one of our members farms along the way and is provided by the club. An optional tour of the Kentucky Speedway winds up a great afternoon as we cruise back to the Riverboat Inn, site of the show and host hotel.

Friday evening we'll have a pizza welcome bash, with the club picking up the tab for the pizza. Our special guest, Kenny Brown and wife Cari, will be arriving in the afternoon and will be part of the evenings festivities.

Saturday is the big show. We have 4+ acres on the Riverboat great lawn along the Ohio River. What a venue! Kenny will be there and he'll contribute some memorabilia along with some other things we have in a silent auction to benefit Cystic Fibrosis. Word has it an old crash part from back in the '80's will find it's way to ebay, with 100% benefiting CFF.

That evening we have the banquet hall at the historic Broadway Inn and Tavern in downtown Madison booked where Kenny will talk about his days at Saleen, Kenny Brown Performance and his new venture with Heidts and his struggle with his personal health these past few years. Should be quite inspirational! Did I mention that we'll have the first Saleen to win a race as well as the first Saleen to win a championship at the show, both cars Kenny crew cheifed on? Yep, 86-19R and 87-19R will be there.

Sunday we have a See Ya Breakfast, then a tour scheduled of Madison's crown jewel, the Lanier Mansion. After that, we encourage people to explore the area on their own, or make way for home.

Hope to see everyone out. It's going to be a great weekend. And yes, both my cars will have the SCOA and the SOEC stickers displayed on the car. Both clubs bring different and unique things to the hobby, and there's no reason any Saleen enthusiast shouldn't belong to both.

See you in Madison!

Dan Aiken
SCOA Nationals Show Chair
http://www/saleenclubofamerica.com/nationals/2011