View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werecow View Post
Hey, why don't we all pass a hat and throw a couple of bucks in each to have the thing repaired. Then Saleen can recalibrate are guages for free and we just pay shipping...lol

I gotta wonder how many of these gauges are out there that will need re-calibrating. Not only that, but are there any replacements floating around for the ones that may go bad. This calibration issue is just the tip of the iceberg really. For the older Saleens, what is there for replacement parts? You can't get seat covers for the Fox-bodies, origianl body parts are getting rarer by the day, and it doesn't appear there is anyone out there to fill this niche in the market place.

Is this the new Saleen's fault or problem? Not really... but it is still an issue I don't see getting resolved any time soon as many of the molds an stuff are simply not around any more, not to mention possible licensing issues for creating replacement parts.

It is nice of SMS to say that they would look into repairing the item, but what about the rest of parts and servicing issues for older cars?
I saw a nice 04 Saleen SC on eBay and I didn't buy it because it had a GT cluster in it. I thought something was fishy, now I know why it was in there. I would have bought that car!