View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008
Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light02atl View Post
Richard, while performance is the same, the JDM kit has more "parts." The $400 extra includes two brackets to relocate your PS res, and (I think) your intercooler res. It also includes an enclosed airbox that costs more than than the open element on the Troyer kit. It also includes a step by step CD. The Troyer kit does not require relocation of anything. The $400 comes down to how you want your kit to look.
The only reason that JDM has to include the re-lo brackets is because the Roush air box is huge and needs the room, no real benefit in my view. I agree the Roush air delivery system looks better (or more stock) but I don't see that to be worth $400, after all how much do you LOOK at the engine. I think Jim needs to re-think his new price again, if the difference were $100 then it would be easy. I also like that Mike provides the 3 separate tunes, by the way they are. 1. Base tune used for towing 2. Street tune, better performance 91 octane OK and 3. Performance tune, best power but 93 octane only. Jim get us 3 tunes and a better price and we will beat your door down.