View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Default Rear Brakes

Hello there and welcome. A good option is to actually get stock GT brakes...either New Old Stock or some good replacements with new pads. If you are having trouble with the brake pedal I would do a full brake refresh, inspect for pinched lines etc, make sure your calipers slide freely on the brackets (slides-cleaned and greased). I recently did a full brake upgrade, and the good part about that is I was able to service everything and bleed all the way around, including the master cylinder. Good part about my 2002 and yours, you can bleed the M.S. without removing from car since you actually have 2 bleeders on the side of it, but do you H.W. as this worked for me, but maybe not for you depending on your M.S. and booster condition.

Plenty of videos online for bleeding brakes and M.S. One caveat, brakes are the most important part of your car, that and the wheels not falling off. If you are not familiar with this type of servicing, then I would have a professional do it...for which any good brake service shop can do this for you, not for 5K ha. I believe the mustang part sites also sell the brakes and e-brake cables new. Good Luck let us know what you come up with.