View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default Q: Replacement rear brakes?

Last year I purchased my first muscle car, number 735 of 2002. 1 owner, she purchased it new in 02. My hope is to get it back to where it once was. It has 125,000 miles and she changed the rims and it needs a top, etc.

I brought it to a local Ford dealer by I figured you can’t bring it to just any shop. I’m new to this area and I think the dealer was a big mistake. My complaint was a hard brake pedal and a cut emergency brake cable and 5,000 estimate later it is back in my garage.

Long story short, I am going to start with replacing the rear calipers, brake lines, pads and rotors and try to figure out why they cut the brake cable to free up the rears. I’m thinking there must be shoes that seized up.

The car sat in my garage for 8 months due to unfortunate circumstances so I want to start putting this car back on the road one thing at a time.

I’m looking to know what is that fulll rear brake setup and where I can get the parts. I need a ton of other stuff but I’m going to stop acting like a newbie.