View Single Post
Old 11-03-2019
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

+1 on flushing the fluids.

Use Castrol SRF brake fluid... Best wet and dry boiling points of any other fluid. I was using Motul RBF 660 and the Castrol stuff is way better.

Use Redline MTL in the Transmission... Is will make it quiet and silky smooth. Redline MTL is a recognized replacement for the GM Synchromesh fluid that normally goes in Tremec transmissions.

Redline 75W-140 in the differential is also a good choice.. If your car has the Torsen diff, you want the fluid WITHOUT friction modifier.

I Iike Amsoil for the engine... 5W-50 is what I run, but any synthetic 5W-30 should be fine (Pennzoil Platinum, Royal Purple, Redline, etc...) . For the S302's I believe Saleen even recommended 10W-40.

Definitely should replace the battery.. Surprised yours still works. A new Motorcraft one should be about $120 and it will look identical, and fit exactly.

If you have leather interior get some good leather care cream from Adam's Polishes or Griot's.

The Pirelli Rosso's are junk tires, especially at that age. They are hard as rocks and handle like you're on ice. I fully recommend Michelin Pilot Super Sports... Or Michelin Sport Cup 2's

Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk