View Single Post
Old 11-02-2019
Saleen Forums Participant

Question Q's: S302 PJ maintenance? - New owner with #501

Hello Forum,
I just purchased this car from the second owner and it now has a little less than 1400 miles on it. It has led a 'cushy' life and, from I can tell, is all original except for a couple of oil changes.

While I've never had a special car like this I am a stickler for upkeep on my daily driver vehicles and am I'm looking for some advice about maintenance items that I should be considering to keep the PJ in top shape. Some questions:
1. Pirelli PZero tires. The tires have date codes from 2003 (one tire) and 2007 (the other three). While these tires look new, I'm concerned about their age, especially since the donut spare in the trunk won't work and the inflation kit expired in 2011. Should I be considering new tires? Also, I note that the rear tires are 285/40 ZR19 size while the Saleen label on the driver's door indicates that they should be 275/40 ZR19's. Thoughts?

2. Battery. It seems to be OK but, again, it's over 12 years old. If it should be replaced, does the group recommend the Motorcraft brand to keep the car more original.

3. Lug nut wrench in trunk. Will this wrench work on the PJ lugnuts? No locking nuts?

4. Fluid changes: Should I consider having the coolant and brake system flushed and refilled with fresh fluids? What about transmission and differential? Any other fluid changes suggested?

5. Any other maintenance that should be considered?

I'm not looking for needless expense but do want to keep the car in excellent mechanical as well as cosmetic shape and ready to be used reliably.

Thanks for your recommendations.
Richard