View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011
SOEC Member (Inactive)

For my second heads-up review, I'll be comparing two OTC spray or "quick" detailer.

Meguiar's Quik Detailer and Mothers Showtime Instant Detailer

Both products are very affordable, and in addition to being an instant detailer, both products serve as their respective companies clay lubricant.

Application:
- Both products apply simply. A spray or two per panel, (more if it is particularly dirty) spread quickly and evenly with a microfiber towel. and removed immediately before moving on to the next panel.
- the Mothers Showtime smelled great. A "minty" scent.
- the Mothers Showtime saturated the application towel quicker than the Meguiar's Quik Detailer

Removal:
- Both products were easy to wipe off. A separate towel for removal is ideal.
- The Mothers wiped off smooth and required mild buffing
- the Meguiar's had a slightly greasy texture during removal. It streaked slightly, but after mild buffing, removed well.

Look:
- The Mothers Showtime had a great gloss and slick finish. Restoring the "just waxed" appearance to a recently detailed car in a matter of minutes.
- The Meguiar's Quik Detailer looked decent. It lacked serious gloss, tho was slick to the touch. I'd say after using Quik Detailer the car looked clean, but not fresh waxed.

Conclusions:
- Both products accomplish their goals. They supply adequate lubricity to make cleaning of minor dust and dirt, fingerprints and smudges easy and safe.
- The Mothers Showtime had a better overall finish and looked great. I would use this as a touch-up between washing to keep the car looking freshly waxed. Or as an emergency spot cleaner for things like bird droppings and water spray/kick up.
- The Meguiar's Quik Detailer, while not as good looking, had decent lubricity and since it is cheaper at most stores, would be my "go to" product for cheap clay lubricant.