View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviligloo View Post
Outstanding! Thanks Dave and Greg! I'm going to check out some recaro seats this weekend. Now I'm armed with some good info.
No problem. I've been a "look and learn" person for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviligloo View Post
Got any pictures of the back seats for a 99-02? Did they change at all from stock?
Yes. Any Saleen vehicle with the Recaro option also received a specific rear seat cover that would match the front Recaro cover design. The rear Recaro covers where not logoed.

Finding a matched set (complete set) of a Saleen Recaro interior, for a specified body style and year, can be a rewarding task.

Seeing Greg's 2001 Recaros without the perforation material and unstiched "by RECARO" show a varience exists. First time I've seen those, I think.

Though... personally, the Saleen Recaros are an item I'd have no issue with seeing an owner "repop." The base seats still exist and a qualified interior person can stitch the logo. A rear seat cover could be an issue... or not. Not sure if Recaro has a pattern library or an option to provide a matching rear cover to various vehicles.

Since you have a line on an interior set, best wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fud View Post
I want, badly!!
Yes, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fud View Post
I really dig the cloth seats.

Wonder how hard it'd be to find them.
Depends on who has what and who damages what in the future. The cloth seats photoed are the 1994-1997 Saleen/Recaros in black cloth.

Your best case is to find a damaged S351. Option for the S281s of the same vintage, but fairly uncommon to find one equipped.

I think we determined those to be the Recaro "L Series" seat. You can find these used without the open headrest. If you criuse the JDM houses in CA... you might be able to find a used seat with the open headrest with the spec grid-pattern insert. If not... then you could always use the Recaros with the trademark fishnet insert.

The spec Recaro seat for your 1999 would also be the Trend series. Saleen offered these in cloth as well.

RECARO Trend Series --> recaro.com

Recaro Seats --> seatsource.com

RECARO LX-VS Seat --> recaro.japan

We also talked seats here:
http://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=4269

Last edited by Dave; 03-27-2009 at 07:06 PM. Reason: typo