View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011
Administrator

Electric leaf blowers are great so long as you can work in an environment that doesn't create more dust than it blows away. I used them in my younger days when I wasn't too lazy to drag out the extension cord. They are also a neat trick to blow out the interior of your daily driver.

Hands down, ultrasoft waffle-weave microfiber drying towels are best if you dry traditionally. Chamois and synthetic chamois really don't have enough nap and don't give you really any safety zone if you have residual debris.

Use a soft wash mitt and two buckets -- one for rinsing the mitt and one to apply more suds...

Use a sheeting rinse at low water pressure starting at the top and going slowly from side to side as you work your way down.

Do an initial dry with a waffle-weave towel... this foam core Mothers towel is available online. Peak brand has an Extreme Weave Drying Towel (PKC0FU) available at Pep Boys and elsewhere...

Do follow-up drying of wheels and jams with a smaller version...

Then do a final dry with a plush detailing towel and your choice of spray wax or instant detailer...

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC: