View Single Post
Old 03-30-2019
Saleen Forums Participant

Question Q: Boost Gauge Issues? - 2006 S281 SC

I have a 2006 SC Saleen Mustang, a lot of mods but the car has always ran great and still does even with this issue. About 2 months ago I took it out of the garage because my son was visiting and drove it in cold weather, only because he loves riding it it, and he noticed that my boost gauge was stuck on 2 psi. I didn't know what would cause this so I lightly hit the boost guage and it went back to 0. I took it out again last week because it is nearing spring and it is stuck on 2 psi again. I saw somewhere online that some people have had issues when in cold weather and running the heater and the heater possibly pinching the boost gauge lines. I tried to cut the heater on and off, pulls the lines about a half inch with no results.

Now, when it originally happened two months ago and it was stuck on 2 and we were driving, I got on it and it boosted to 6 and then went back to 2, not zero and stayed there until I hit the gauge. Now it is permanently at 2psi, and the only thing I can think of is a wire being grounded somewhere or the boost pressure sending unit being faulty. Any help would be greatly appreciated because I am now stationed in Kentucky and there is no one that specializes in high performance mustangs near me. Thanks