View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleen Forums Admin View Post
Light02atl,

Please keep in mind that we invited JimIII here to share his expertise and provide details on what JDM has to offer. Certainly there is some "marketing speak" that you'll have to interpret and filter out if you so wish.

There's no need to "call" anyone on anything -- we're not looking for a verbal arm-wrestling match here, and we won't tolerate one either.

There is no doubt a lot of R&D in stuff like this, and JDM has been cutting edge in this hobby. One might even say "bleeding edge." Sometimes that comes with a cost.

JDM also works very closely with Saleen, and certainly they have a variety of business arrangements that they have to honor (which are none of our business, by the way).

There's something to be said for race-proven performance and expertise, and JDM offers that, and they also enjoy a reputation for excellent customer service.

Proven performance does not come cheap -- and it's one thing to duplicate it, but it's another thing to innovate it.

There are other shops out there as you mention, and they are welcome to present their offerings as well.

But let's keep the discussion friendly and informative.
Ah, the light has been shined on light02. I see how things work around here now.

Mr Admin, with all due respect, my questions were poised very clearly and went, conveniently, unanswered....and are still unanswered. When someone, anyone, regardless if they were "invited" here, makes a claim that is untrue...are we not allowed to question and comment on it?

If we do not understand an issue, are we not allowed to question it?

If we have first hand experience with a performance vendor, are we not allowed to express it?

As for filtering out "market speak" - this is a VERY small community of S331s. No one will know what is what if we keep listening to "market speak" and do not question it. How do you think the billet elbow (JimIIIs BIG selling point to me) vs this now plastic piece issue started? It was because someone questioned it.

I have been nothing but friendly, and certainly informative here. However, when I have to start putting on my BS boots, I am going to question something. I am not trying to start a verbal arm wrestling match whatsoever. People with a $60,000 truck that are getting ready to drop $2000+ on performance goodies deserve to have UNBIASED information and the opportunity to listen to first hand experiences...no opinions, no marketing hoopla, and no one trying to make a sale - I am certainly not affiliated with anyone.

There is no doubt that JDM produces a nice, quality, great performing kit. Please note that I am not, by any means, refuting that...and I never have. I respect anything and everything TeamJDM has done for these trucks. I am sure there is even more to come. I cant wait to see one of these trucks run an 11.9x on 23s