View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Guys, everything I'm about to say is whole hearted with the best of intentions to genuinely INFORM, not bash. I am a Saleen owner, heavily involved in the Saleen world and have been for 22 years.

In looking at your photo's I was cringing because everything your showing people was not an "ideal" way of doing things. Your tools were mostly all wrong. Its one thing to take the risk on and possibly damage your own supercharger which I know what you did wrong with yours, but its another to have people think this is something that can be done with basic tools.

The tooling we have built has been either CNC'd, laser cut, and then with precision built. This has costed us some number well over $10,000 to properly work on these superchargers. Showing people to use a blind bearing puller to remove the bearings is going to cost someone to destroy their supercharger. Pressing them in with a press without the right tooling also poses the same massive potential of breaking the bearing plate.

I certainly can appreciate doing things yourself and avoid giving a shop your money, but somethings should be left to a shop that has those tools thus saving a headache and lots more cost.

If you would like, I will be more than happy to discuss with you on the phone what I believe is wrong with your supercharger and help you get it back up and running. My advise would be to not run the supercharger anymore based upon what you've said.

NO PM'S - PLEASE CALL | 714-575-1505

1996 Cobra Vortech SC / Track prepped
2015 Coyote Powered F-150

Check out our facility promo video here: http://bit.ly/1yHNfxM

Email: 281motorsports@gmail.com
Web: www.ProSpeedMustang.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/mustangperformance
Youtube: http://bit.ly/1zOxanf

"Doing the job right...is the ONLY option we offer!"

Last edited by Jason @ 281m; 04-16-2019 at 01:59 PM.