View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentguy View Post
so did you have a fix for the electric fans ? because i sure would've liked to have keep ed mine and not the mech fan they replaced it with. I luved the sound they made kinda sounded like a jet turbine under the hood. when I pulled up somewhere people would turn and look with a ? mark on there face and ask what kinda motor you have under there. I miss those fans not to mention the throttle response and the extra horsepower.I'm glad you came on here and explained the difference about the kit I feel better about my purchase and now I understand the diff in price. and I hope you continue to come on here and help us squeeze all the power out of our trucks we possibly can. thanks

Besides the fact it sounds like an tornado when its operating the saleen electric fan isnt all that great. Ours went twice with in 3 months (winter months mind you) Its just purely cheap parts. We use an all factory ford fan kit that we modify and make fit for the newer F-150 body. We also include a 170 thermostat, 185* block sensor, full wiring harness, relays and circuit breakers. Its really nice, but also its not cheap right now. They are $799 and that is because we are making the harnesses in house and on a low quantity. So the labor shoots the cost up. If i had the harnesses made in bulk i could bring them down about $150. they look just like our Lightning electric fan kits here...http://www.teamjdm.com/shop/product_...products_id=25

The saleen fan's were so bad they stopped putting them on trucks, we highly recommend that to them when they first presented us with that problem. To cut cost and because the factory fan wont leave you stranded on the side of the road. So they made an adapter ring to work with the stock fan and the blower kit on the truck. If you get a F150 blower from saleen for your regular Ford pick up it comes with a fan, shroud, and adapter ring. They used to come with the same fans they installed on most of the 07 S331's

The cooling benifit and rotating mass loss from our electric fan will add about 10-15 HP plus increase fuel mpg's...definatley a good buy, everyone we've sold i here nothing but great things about