View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010
SOEC Member

CodeRed.... I did put the stock isolators back on. I installed H&R supersports springs. Which advertise on average a 1.75 front / 1.5 rear drop. So..considering the saleens are already lowered about an inch from a stock gt ( 53.0 vs 52.0 ) I was hoping to get about a 3/4 inch drop and 1/2 drop F/R. Maybe more if I was lucky.

With regards to the isolaters, I measured em and would have only gained another 1/4 inch ...in lowering ... since I expected to get more lowering out of these springs than I did, I figured I'd rather have a quiet car and no creeking than have that extra 1/4 inch.

I thought about just cutting the Saleen springs like you mentioned, but then the though of " what if Its too low...then I am ordering new ones anyway, or ...the thought of re-selling the car someday, and not having the stock springs to go with it, for the 'purest' so... all that came into consdieration.
4" AFM Powerpipe, 3:90 Rear Gear, Bassani Headers and O/R X-pipe, BFGoodrich KDW's, H&R SS Springs
DynoJet Tune by Modern Muscle, 460rwh/415 torq @12 psi